Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ford Triton 5.4L F-150 4WD PCV re-route PT 2

Ford Triton 5.4L F-150 4WD PCV re-route PT 2 26 Jan 2014 21:16 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
OK finishing up with the write-up. Here is what the re-routed PCV looks like connected to the Breather side:

top pipe removed for clarity is to the IAC valve. Screwdriver points to 3/8" hose to PCV valve. IT all fits together nicely. And when the top cover's back on, here's what ya see:

Hey everything's black, 50 points if you can find the capped plastic PCV pipe or spot anything going on here! This may be a bit confusing to read, but when you get on top of one of these 5.4 cable-drive Triton's, and re-check this post, it all should become clear! Thanks if you made it this far!! :P

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ford Triton 5.4L F-150 4WD PCV re-route PT 2 27 Jan 2014 19:29 #2

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
ok TracyG here goes never seen one of these Fords inside

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

Ford Triton 5.4L F-150 4WD PCV re-route PT 2 27 Jan 2014 20:17 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
OK Gerald, you get 50 points! Redeemable for an Underwater bicycle tour of Pyramid Lake Nevada! LOL ya know just for clarity in these pics for instruction's sake maybe I shoulda used red caps, but the size in the assortment that fit was black, ha ha!
One good thing about OBD11 is that for smog test they usually just plug into under-dash data port, dont even lift the hood! And if anyone feels twitchy about a Smog inspection, well there's ways to further Camo a deal like this, I've done that before. But-we arent blocking Off the PCV, just re-routing the suction from Manifold vac to passive airflow.

Still havent found out why Ford had PCV connected to what to all purposes looks to me to be 2 manifold vac. sources--maybe the vacuum is stronger at one port or the other depending on engine load, RPM or whatever, never seen a PCV system like this bugger. And with the 2 vac. ports, and the heated PCV, I wonder if Ford found that this engine gets a lot of water condensation in the crankcase, and so devised this setup to guard against ice plugging it up in cold...? HHHMMM? Thanks for the sharp eye, Gerald!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: