Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ron Hatton's early video on how the Gadgetman Groove works

Ron Hatton's early video on how the Gadgetman Groove works 26 Jan 2016 19:31 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
This is perhaps the first, or one of the first videos, that Ron Hatton made to explain the theory of operation of the Gadgetman Groove. Essential for all current or prospective Gadgetmen to understand completely. IF you have never seen this one, or if it's been awhile, spend the 15 minutes, and soak this in.

This is Fundamental to what we Gadgetmen do.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ron Hatton's early video on how the Gadgetman Groove works 27 Jan 2016 03:16 #2

• bRry Augustine
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes after I saw this after he grooved my truck ,I figured out that if you press or hit gas pedal at the right time the groove seems too carry on well
For example lets see if anybody responds too this post.

Ron Hatton's early video on how the Gadgetman Groove works 27 Jan 2016 15:40 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
you're right, Barry, A good Groove on an engine running as it should- I usually get a boost in torque just off the idle position, you can feel it at certain times. I look for it closely when doing a re-learn drive sequence after a Groovy TB is reinstalled. That change in operating characteristics, is something Ron would speak of when he was instructing a customer to do the re-learn drive .

You can contact me thru my email add This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you want to refer anyone to me for Groove work. I do not text. I AM cautious with my emails etc. Somebody got some kind of virus type crap into my emails recently, so I watch for weird stuff. I also police this Website forum and delete malicious crap when I see it. I think someone else does that too.

I Welcome any referrals you may have, we could work something out to everyone's benefit.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Ron Hatton's early video on how the Gadgetman Groove works 27 Jan 2016 23:15 #4

• bRry Augustine
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
You right right from my experience with this be cautious I think some one called my for
Recently after I put my number up

no body seems too want too pay attention, everybody is in such a competive state of mind, makes it hard something that's four or five hundred with out money back guarded that's what made me go for it
Its pretty much American neighborly thing , but these times are much more complex group on planet

Too me the groove is super cool deal I think its worth five thousand you know the automotive world is expensive a Nd high as fu.
Yo man Ron was listening too people telling him I consumes alcohol ,but I do not drink at all

So it is a lot of things happening he needs too stay in close contact with us too figure out
What's really going on with the dark side telling him things that are no where near accurate.

Anyway my boss has a Nissan titan he would probably do its a v8

Ron Hatton's early video on how the Gadgetman Groove works 27 Jan 2016 23:22 #5

• bRry Augustine
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
I would say seeing is believing you have too show what your talking about first off
Like show CARB and efi groove the actual cut

I think I wanna do my truck as a promo truck. For the groove with graphics and all where is
Ron I seen something about what happened, that seems like the oldest trick in the book
That's been happening for centurys decades some one putting the blame on you. No way B)

Groove hypothesis 08 Nov 2017 22:09 #6

• Ellenor
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If your system even works, what you have appears to be a low-boost inertial supercharger that works at part throttle and creates vortex streets.

Groove hypothesis 09 Nov 2017 16:19 #7

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Hello, Ellenor and welcome to the Groovy Forums!

I'm working on relocating my operations to the Greater Chicagoland area, so my online activity is a little spotty, but I will ALWAYS catch up!

Now, you have to forgive me. I'm not all that classically educated to know your terminology, but I get the essence of what you're saying. And you're right. But the KEY to what makes The Groove so effective is its effects on the flow RATE, as it amplifies them, and the associated pressures of its passing.

I look forward to hearing more from you, but I will offer one word of caution.

As a fairly intelligent man myself, I learned that no matter how accurate my THINKING was, there was always a margin for error, and that "Margin" seemed to catch me more often than not! So, I learned to trust my feelings, as they will ALWAYS be 100% ACCURATE!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Groove hypothesis 09 Nov 2017 17:01 #8

• Ellenor
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm a ruthlessly, emotionlessly logical person. It takes EVIDENCE to convince me of anything.

That said, with the prefix you specifically can ignore that "if The Ron Hatton Throttle Body Modification works", I'm thinking it's a combination of changed throttle response (more open at low power) and of the vortex streets I keep ranting about that causes the 'drives like a race truck' comments.

For information on why I think your modification is a swirl device, first and foremost, see: Variable-length intake manifold - Wikipedia Familiar effect description? ;)

Groove hypothesis 09 Nov 2017 18:18 #9

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
Ellenor, it seems you are a little hostile. I anticipate and offer no resistance to good, well-informed decisions.

But there is an ABUNDANCE of information on the effects of The Groove on the intake air stream, and none of it indicates a "Swirl" or a "Spin".

Further, if you are wanting MORE evidence of the effects, then I would invite you to do a little more research. There are about 15,000 websites discussing it, and over 1,000 responses to a YouTUbe search. All say the same thing.

It works.

Now, if you would like to perform your OWN scholarly examination of the technology, you are free to experiment either utilizing the drawings and NUMEROUS presentations that are available on the web, or to get a Grooved Throttly for you OWN engine and see for yourself.

EVERYTHING else is just idle prattle. And I will not allow someone to step into my back yard and be offensive to either myself, or this MORE than adequately proven technology.

If I have misread your intentions, please accept my apologies.
Ron Hatton

Ron Hatton's early video on how the Gadgetman Groove works 09 Nov 2017 22:41 #10

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
You’re both talking about the same thing, from slightly different points of view. I had this conversation with TracyG a while back. A search should find a thread talking about Reynolds Number. My theory is that the vortices/turbulence results in a more homogeneous air/fuel charge. After ignition, the O2 sensors make fuel delivery adjustments based on exhaust, eventually reaching 14.7:1 from the modified flows. That’s how I believe it works.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Ron Hatton's early video on how the Gadgetman Groove works 10 Nov 2017 12:52 #11

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
As I've been absent here for months, I just got email notice of this conversation. Ron, myself, Greg, and quite a few others have offered theoretical explanations of how and why the Gadgetman Groove works. I have always deferred to Ron's views, as he's the developer/Inventor. I've found Ron to be a lot brighter than the "Average Bear".

I think Greg is on to something re: Reynolds number. Ron for years now, has tirelessly worked to explain why the Groove works. I visualize that the Groove acts like a "slingshot" in that it traps and holds back part of the incoming airstream, during first half of the intake stroke. The air is released as the piston slows it's downward motion at second half of intake stroke. That is the central mechanism to grasp- just imagine how a slingshot stores and releases energy.

While the technical reasons of how/why the Groove works can be endlessly discussed and argued, I learned, saw, experienced, then proved through repeat application that it does INDEED work.

A cowboy, a travelling minister and a scientist sit around a campfire one night. They hear the howls of coyotes. The campfire lights the forest clearing but the howls grow closer. Then a pair of glowing eyes appear in the flickering firelight at the far edge of the clearing. The Minister says" I have faith that the Good Lord shall deliver us from the menace of this hungry beast!" The Scientist points down at a certain rock between the three and says " that looks like Metamorphic rock to me, but in fact it is a frozen crystalline mass having a defined structure and density!" The Cowboy picks up the rock, turns, then throws the rock at the coyote, beaning it between the glowing eyes. The coyote flees.

All three men were correct, one took action.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Ron Hatton's early video on how the Gadgetman Groove works 10 Nov 2017 17:05 #12

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
I think that the value of a story as an illustration is why Chris used parables o teach the masses.

And he's the most famous story-teller of all!

But it's great to hear YOUR words again, old friend!!!

Ron
Ron Hatton

• Page: