Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY

HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY 02 Nov 2011 13:42 #1

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
GadgetmanNebraska here, I just had to share with all my Gadgeteers a groove that no one wants to brag about.

I had a gentlemen bring me a 2006 Silverado with a 5.3 v-8. I had him drop it off because on these throttle bodies I like to let the coolant cool down before I do the groove.

This means that I would do this groove in the late evening and he would pick it up in the morning. The groove cut went smooth and everything was great till I started vehicle and did a test drive. The groove needed to be moved because the vehicle was trying to idle higher and accelerate by itself.

I had to let it cool off and regroove, so it was getting very late. I attempted to recut the groove and decided to fill in groove and abandon process to have the vehicle ready for customer in the morning.

I called customer John Powell in the morning and let him know that I did not feel confident that I could do a 100% job for him because I was too tired. I apologized and offered to set up another time to do groove. He told me that he was happy I was honest with him and cared so much about doing a great job and was very impressed on the integrity that I want our company to reflect by our work and our people.

I have scheduled another time to do groove and he even gave me a bottle of his company's fuel additive for my efforts.

Must I say more, We are all human and must always be transparent and HONEST with people we deal with. This will go a long way when getting referrals and feedback.

Above all HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY!!!!

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek HAPPY GROOVING!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY 02 Nov 2011 15:15 #2

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You are the MAN, Aron.

By stepping up to the plate and posting this, it shows your humility and your grace.

We all need to remember that we are NOT perfect, nor is anything we create, including The Gadgetman Groove. It doesn't always go great, and when it doesn't, that is what defines us as men (or women).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: