Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multiple faults explained.

Multiple faults explained. 24 Apr 2018 21:18 #1

• Richard Frase
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 2
I had just received my new grooved TB in the mail and was anxious to install it on my 2014 Honda Odyssey. Most Honda TBs have 2 small coolant hoses attached to it to speed up the warming of the TB. This is important because it was later determined that this was the source of my faults.
Apparently, as I was installing the new grooved TB I got 1 or 2 drops of coolant in the large electrical connection on the side of the TB because once I started up the engine I got multiple faults from check engine to lane departure warning, and more.
I removed the grooved TB and re-installed the stock one and everything was great and there were no faults. I installed the grooved TB and again got multiple faults.
I gave the grooved TB a more thorough inspection and that’s when I found the drops of coolant. After cleaning the connector with a dry rag and a shot of MAP sensor cleaner I re-installed the grooved TB with total success.
I was assisted in troubleshooting this problem by Ron Hatton. Thanks, Ron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Multiple faults explained. 24 Apr 2018 22:24 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Rule Number One when you're working on a car and something goes all HINKY, is to CHECK YOUR WORK!

I do it RELIGIOUSLY with my clients, although I have to use their eyes and their hands, but we do. Just like Richard and I did with THIS one! Of course, the symptoms need to be evaluated, and NOBODY knows how many things can go hinky, and WHY, when we're doing The Groove!

We're going to have to come up with a DANCE STEP for the name! I can see it now! A bunch of us Gadgetmen, doing a sill line dance acting all goofy for YouTube!!!

And Rich, I want that testimonial video!!!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: