Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Groove Repaired

My Groove Repaired 13 Jun 2018 20:49 #1

• J. J. Denson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1997 Mercury Villager Minivan. Put the groove on back 2017 and had some good results but noticed anything above 55mph all my gains disappeared.

Here time has gone by and the vehicle doesn't get driven much. So, I took the TB back off and made the repair. Put in some JB Kwik in the old groove and did the groove right this time per the 2018 Manual that Ron just put out with the new license kits.

Just off the conditioning run we are getting about 33 mpg at 55 mph on cruise about 30-31 at 65 mph on the conditioning run. Of course these numbers will improve. I'll keep you posted.

Don't forget to do it right!

In this case the groove had been placed on the wrong upper/lower of the throttle plate, the groove was on the side where the opening opened away from the groove and according to the new service bulletin and 2018 PLK manual it goes on the edge of the throttle plate that will open over the top of the groove.

Of course this is no matter up or down on the throttle body itself as different manufacturers have different designs

Now you are posted.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by J. J. Denson. Reason: Readability
  • Page: