This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Improving Grounds

Improving Grounds 22 May 2020 01:45 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 493
I saw this short video on you tube, and thought it worthy of posting. While he's working with a Chevy/GM truck.it's just good advice to take heed of, IMHO. If you are working with a later model GM or Chevy truck, then here are some good specific ideas for those.

Tracy G

Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, GregK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Improving Grounds 22 May 2020 09:04 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 478
People seldom realize how incredibly important the ground locations are on their rides!

Just 0.25 VDC can dramatically alter your fuel trims!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
Smile for a stranger today.
You will both be glad you did.

Improving Grounds 22 May 2020 11:43 #3

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 585
I LOOOOVE infrastructure stuff like this, because as Ron said, paying attention to the little things often leads to large rewards.

I believe I posted a YouTube vid a while back about proper wire joining and soldering techniques - and when I say proper, they meet Mil-Spec or higher. If they meet NASA's guidelines, surely they'll do wonders for everything and anything else. I'll have to go looking for that again. For that ring connector, crimping, soldering AND shrink wrapping is correct, as is the application of dielectric between mating surfaces and protectant on top of the mount point. (I like fluid film for that, and it's part of my maintenance routine to check and reapply as necessary)

Doubling up existing ground wires with similar gauge wiring is perfectly valid (I also had a website that showed what effecive wire guages end up as when you double and triple existing wiring)...but I'm a go big or go home guy, so if you're going to do it, don't be less than 2ga. double 0 is probably overkill for a car, but maybe not for a big diesel hauler or RV...or if you've got a kickin' stereo. Give those electrons a big, wide and smooth highway to travel on.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

• Page: