Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: An INVALUABLE resource for all Gadgetfolks!!

An INVALUABLE resource for all Gadgetfolks!! 15 May 2021 23:40 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
People, if you are or are thinking of becoming a Gadgetman (or GadgetGal!) then there is a great, and probably sadly under-used, pair of resources for you. It's youtube!:huh:

IF you have never looked at these two Youtube channels, YOU SHOULD!

Look on Youtube, for Gadgetmanglobal, and Groovy Service Bulletins. These videos are from Ron Hatton, and others, from years ago. And everything on both channels is STILL useful and valid!. There's so many details and clues in these, and some are from even before I first met Ron, over 9 years ago...
Watching some of these, makes me feel nostalgic, for the early time of my experience with Ron, and the others. I get excited every time I see them, and they re-confirm the validity of the Groove, and all the contributions Ron and the other Gadgetmen have given us, to still be used today. Those of you who never got to meet Ron in person, will get a better sense of who he was.

And, it's as close to in-person training as we can get now..

Go to these channels, and drink up the Knowledge, it's right there!:cheer:

Tracy G.
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

An INVALUABLE resource for all Gadgetfolks!! 18 May 2021 20:34 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I'm going to agree with Tracy on this -
when I first got my bits, I drove another vehicle entirely that was common and had plenty of examples on this forum of improved mileage and driving experience, but I was worried about "messing up" my daily driver at a time when money was tight and gas was expensive. That led me to Ron's small engine grooving, so I put my first groove on my father's lawnmower. he hated how it bogged down when he tried to cut the lawn when it was a little long and still wet from a heavy dew or the rain a day or 2 before, or in the autumn when he tried to mulch leaves.

a success there gave me the idea and confidence to try to groove my (new to me) Buick Rendezvous...I tried to research on here for tips of things to watch out for, or how to approach something in advance so that it wouldn't be a stumbling block in the process on "groove day" but I couldn't find a topic or thread of anyone grooving a 3.5L v6 made by GM from around my model year. So one morning, I took my TB off, took my dremel in hand, secured the large bit in it and followed the procedure as laid out in the videos and handbook (it was either downloaded from here or came with my bits, I can't recall). It worked out pretty well, and now i know that engine is similar to ALL of the 3.xL v6 engines GM made...for around 15 years or longer! I don't doubt you'll have a similar experience when you do your research on those channels. Or ask here - someone has probably grooved your car or one very similar to it.

But if that's still too much for you, reach out to Tracy and he'll tell you how to get groovy without the bits. (a good place to start is ordering the Snake Oil, BTW - it'll make the groove that much more effective)
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

An INVALUABLE resource for all Gadgetfolks!! 19 May 2021 00:18 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Greg's experience when he was at the starting gate is pretty similar to mine, back in 2012. I first Grooved my lawnmower. That gave me confidence to do a more ambitious one- a Jeep 4.0L straight six. On that first "real Groove" I nmot only did a Groove, but I did a fairly ambitious IAC re-route as well. And, I took pics, and posted in here al about it. Then I installed it, it was a pretty ratty Jeep Cherokee, that belonged to a friend of my neighbor "car guy".
Well, it worked out well!:)
that gave me confidence to keep going...
But before I even Grooved the mower, I spent hours studying the Kit materials, and poring through the Forum back folder pages of postings, along with many of Ron's youtube how-to videos, particularly on anything to do with IAC stuff. Basically, all the basics of how to Groove almost anything, are found both here in the forum, plus the License training Kit, plus the youtube channels of Ron's that are still there today

It's all available, if you want to know and learn!:woohoo:
Tracy G.
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

• Page: