Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Video on doing the ECU re-set (Battery Voodoo)

Video on doing the ECU re-set (Battery Voodoo) 11 Feb 2023 23:26 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
I found this cool video from a Tech, showing how to re-set the ECU(s) on a vehicle. He's describing the procedure from the point of view, of using it to reset the vehicle computers to fix weird electrical issues.
We, of course, do the same thing as this, as part of installing a Gadgetman Groove'd throttle body. Ron and I have described this essentially the same, Except without removing both battery cables. The idea, of course, is to reset the ECU back to stock baseline, in order to have it adapt to changes the Groove brings more effectively. Call it a Re-boot.

I like the way this guy describes and shows this. Using the towel to isolate both loose battery cables from the battery terminals is sound practice IMHO. So, you follow the procedure like is shown here, and leave the cables off and connected with the jumper wire, while installing your GMG throttle body. Then reconnect the battery cables.

Ok Have a Great one, everyone!:)

Tracy G

Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: