Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How about a Quick Reference chart/section!

How about a Quick Reference chart/section! 27 Nov 2011 21:46 #1

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Gadgetmen & women,

As I have done a few grooves now and look to the forum for wisdom and advise, I also go to an online repair manual to find PCV and related components. It looks like we all are posting tips and quirks on certain vehicles. Would it be possible to centralize this informatin on this forum so people could reference the info like a chart. This way, maybe before a groove is done we have a quick heads up to "positive groove" experience on a regular basis. Not necessarily a step-by-step thing, but what to look for, navigate around, plug off and where.

As a GM mechanic, nothing is worse than getting a car in my stall with only 1/4 the needed information from the customer - the more info, the better. No info is periphrial stuff.

Of course, maybe the forum has this and I have yet to find it - anythings possible.

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: How about a Quick Reference chart/section! 28 Nov 2011 01:49 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Scott,

That would be great to have a reference section.

I know the hardest part of it will be getting the mindset geared to updating that section when a groove is done to add those "quirks".

Right now, I'm still finding youtube updates with different pointers for particular vehicles and in general for certain types of vehicles.

Karl Fortner
GadgetmanTacoma (Youtube)

"Different Updates" 28 Nov 2011 03:36 #3

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Karl,

While I know there are a few people that tend to think I'm perfect, Let me assure you I know there are many-already here-that are much better than I!

I say this to encourage you to contact me first if you find any contradictory instructions I've given. I want to give you guys the BEST I can.

First, please tell me about the contradictions. That way I can fix it if need be.

Second, and for all who read this, the LATEST video is probably the most accurate. As I learn (sometimes UN-learn!) stuff, my understanding increases. As each person posts their data, ALL our understandings increase.

Thanks for your work here, Karl. You are going to be a great asset!

Gadgetman

Re: "Different Updates" 28 Nov 2011 03:59 #4

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ron,

I haven't found anything contradictory, what I have found is that there is much more information out there in youtube land than I could have imagined. Each time I'm on Youtube's site viewing the video's more pop up that I was not aware of which gives me even more information and it just keeps on coming.

With regard to a reference thread in the forum, I know from my own habits (good and bad) I sometimes get into something to the point that I let something like a little detail that I learned in the process of working on a project slip by and because I didn't document it the first time... I come across and relearn it the second time, which is when the light goes on to document it and that is my new habit that I am working on.

What I'm finding is that there is no small bit of detail that is not important and a good chance that it could be important to others as well.

Thank you, Ron, for the opportunity to do this, I think it and we will be able to make a big difference as the Groove becomes more mainstream.

Later

Karl Fortner
Tacoma

Re: "Different Updates" 01 Dec 2011 14:22 #5

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey all my Gadgeteers, I would like to thank all of you for your hard work.

Now I'm gonna ask a little more of you.

I would like everybody, including me to start listing locations of pcv on vehicles you are doing or have done on our Service bulletin section. Also in this information share if you had to build up throttle bodies or not. If the throttle body was a fly by wire or cable driven.

I think this could help us all to have a quick reference.

Please share with me your thoughts and ideas please how we can accomplish this.

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek

• Page: