Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: PCV location on GM 6.0 liters

PCV location on GM 6.0 liters 03 Dec 2011 02:32 #1

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Hello to All,

After reading some posts, I thought it best to add info from my groove of my 2003 Chevy 2500 HD.

The PCV valve is located on the driver side valve cover, at firewall. The valve is actually only a restricted orifice - not the traditional shaker style. GM did away with the old style in an attempt to reduce oil consuption. The Vacuum hose attaches to the top of the intake plenum, about 1/2 way forward. Mine came off hard and be carefull not to hit the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator - the hard plastice line will break. Pull off the PCV vac line and plug off. As far as I can see, this is the only vac line to plug off on the 6.0 liters. If I'm wrong, let me know.

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: PCV location on GM 6.0 liters 03 Dec 2011 03:22 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Scott I plug the line coming off the throttle body too and let the hose hang open any vacum you can eliminate even on the opposite side of intake will help as it allows alittle more vacum when the butterfly opens to help vaporize the fuel.Think air cond. Dan Gadgetman Mo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: