Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Re-Set fuel trims, relearning ecu

Re-Set fuel trims, relearning ecu 16 Jan 2012 15:17 #1

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Drove our 2002 Olds Silhouette with 3.4 Liter on Saturday approx 300 miles freeway. Had GM scan tool monitoring fuel trims and injector pwm mS's. Fuel trims both around 0 to pos 3-4.

Talked with Dan of Missouri. Reset ecu and fuel trims last night. Immediately, short trim -3 to -4 or more, Long trim -7 to -10 at times. Injector mS 3 to 6. I will continue to monitor, but things are looking up!

Scott Castleberg
Pellston, MI
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Re-Set fuel trims, relearning ecu 16 Jan 2012 16:03 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thats great Scott now they should remain there as long as some component is`nt faulty or slow to react. Attention all gadgetmen this is where we want to be monitoring as it tells you now if you cut fuel without having to drive the vehicles hundreds of miles let the customer do that they drive it anyway. Thanks Scott and keep us posted. Dan gadgetman Mo. Remember all alittle at a time.

Re: Re-Set fuel trims, relearning ecu 24 Jan 2012 20:35 #3

• mill2566
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dan,
I have a 2004 chevy 5.3 pickup that has been grooved. I have blocked pvc, checked for vacuum leaks. Reset the computer per the instruction. Fuel trims are 3 to 5 short long 5 to 9 all plus. My mileage is still poor. Has any one improved with a 5.3?
Thank you
Dave
Chesaning Mi.

Re: Re-Set fuel trims, relearning ecu 25 Jan 2012 01:26 #4

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You said you reset the ecu did it read 0 long term fuel trims? If not it did not reset try again some ecus are alittle stubborn thats why we need a scanner to see figures. As soon as its reset start and check if it is drive easy 5 to 10 miles trying to get best mpg then shut off . Start again do this 3 to 4 times gradually then drive normal and the ecu should start to learn to cut the fuel back. As long as its pos nos it wont gain mpg. The fuel trims always tell the truth. These 5.3 and 6.0 will gain some 1 to 8 mpg better is what Ive seen some are stubborn. One thing Id like you to try is to get your speed up to 60 to 65 and just big toe pressure feel the engine float at less throttle pos this is where the best mpg seems to be from my experience. Do this after all the other has been done. This is the sweet spot and seems to get best mpg better than cruise as the cruise tends to go past the groove and not quite as good mpg. Dan gadgetman Mo. ps If you drive aggressive the ecu takes much longer to learn as it has to come from plus 20 down to neg 5 or so.

Re: Re-Set fuel trims, relearning ecu 25 Jan 2012 12:43 #5

• mill2566
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dan,
I will try the reset again. This is one that I sent in to have a groove put on.
Thanks,
Dave

• Page: