Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ultra-Gauge Anyone?

Ultra-Gauge Anyone? 28 Apr 2012 05:19 #1

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Hello from Michigan!

I keep searching for a resonably priced scan tool, but really only need something that will do the following:

1) Retrieve data

2) Clear codes

3) Able to be transfered from vehicle to vehicle easily

There are lots of scan tools out there - for lots of money. I don't have lots of money. It would also be helpful to find a tool we could all get and then the data would be uniform - very nice for testing and troubleshooting!

The Ultra-Gauge might be the answer, but I am unsure how "transferable" it is. Their web site does not say. I think this tool has been discussed before, but many posts request information and cannot get it due to lack of tool.

If someone on this forum has an Ultra-Gauge, please give us a review and test it on multiple vehicles.

Thank you from the bottom of my groove!

Scott Castleberg
Pellston, MI
Gadgetman Michigan
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Ultra-Gauge Anyone? 28 Apr 2012 09:13 #2

• HeathenDM
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Scott.
I went on Ebay and got the 'ELM 327" OBDII Bluetooth interface for $20. It is just a 'OBDII serial connector' to 'Bluetooth'. I got 2, and was going to give one to Ron if he passed my Michigan house after being up there with you. We have the same little baby laptops that have Bluetooth.
I'm going to get the one that has a USB connection next. (just because I rather have hard-wire connections)
The main point of my post is that its the 'programs' that matter. The "ELM327" is just for the connection and I think $20 isn't too bad. I haven't got to play with it much because I'm back in Vegas right now. But there are several free/shareware programs that give you the data. Maybe you'll get to play with it before me. When I get back up to MI in a month, I'll be testing out the different programs.
H

Re: Ultra-Gauge Anyone? 28 Apr 2012 09:50 #3

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I purchased my OBDIII scanner at Harbor Freight $120.00

You can view all or select a group of readings to view.

It also has a lookup for the error codes instead of just the error code.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Ultra-Gauge Anyone? 28 Apr 2012 19:23 #4

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Karl that is doing perfect, this would be a very good choice for the crew as its cheap in price and reads what we need to do the groove and understand whats happening .When everyone sees the before and after of the trims thell have better success and they will in time be able to tell if vaccum leak or other problems when they have no improvement. dan gadgetman mo.

Re: Ultra-Gauge Anyone? 29 Apr 2012 00:46 #5

• Scott Castleberg
Thanks Karl!

This type of tool would probably be more useable going from car to car. I also am asked to scan vehicles for codes from time to time. Thanks for the tip!

Scott Castleberg
Pellston, MI
Gadgetman Michigan
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Re: Ultra-Gauge Anyone? 29 Apr 2012 01:21 #6

• Scott Castleberg
Found this scan tool on ebay for less than $80.00! Data can be stored and printed on your computer - would be a nice feature for customer and logging on the forum!

I think I found my Scan Tool!

Scott Castleberg
Pellston, MI
Gadgetman Michigan
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

• Page: