Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cen-Tech OBDII Scanner

Cen-Tech OBDII Scanner 29 Jun 2012 20:20 #1

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A little video on the Cen-Tech OBDII scanner

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Cen-Tech OBDII Scanner 02 Jul 2012 07:41 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Wow very cool, Karl, Thanks!! Jeepers, -25 LTFT...:woohoo: Is that your Avalanche? And that scanner is Harbor Freight, sounds like a great value for OBDII only. My scanner (Actron Elite Auto Scanner Pro CP91900) works about identically on OBDII but for over $200 more, though it does USA OBD1 cars too. Very nice vid, gotta watch it again, you gave useful tips on usage, Thanks tons!! TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Cen-Tech OBDII Scanner 14 Aug 2012 23:51 #3

• Rick Ensor
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Karl,

My understanding is that, generally, engines between 1996 and 2003 require the use of the OBD II scan tool. What is used for engines prior to and after those years? For example, my Jeep Cherokee 4.0 straight six is a '92. My friend's Prius is an '08.

Rick Ensor

Re: Cen-Tech OBDII Scanner 15 Aug 2012 02:00 #4

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You cant read fuel trims prior to obd2 you have to go by mileage tests.

As for the prius thats my favorite obd2 scan tool works great the o8 will work even if you have updates to only o6 as I do.

The prius will come to life after groove. I mean run like a small v8!!!!!!!!!

Pcv line is right up front easy to plug and reroute. I do alittle different than most I also groove the top on the prius this seemed to give more consistent mpg gain.

Unlike the flyby wire on say a gm with the card trick I cut alot closer to the butterfly as the computer will adjust as it is shutting down the fuel all the time at low speeds anyway.

As for the jeep easy to cut and the mpg takes off right away I dont show much improvement around town but highway big numbers. Both of these Ive done and great results.

Good Luck and do the MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dan gadgetman mo.

• Page: