Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Different lube/cutting oil

Different lube/cutting oil 21 Jul 2012 22:34 #1

• GadgetmanSaskatchewan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, Just wanted to share what I have been using to lubricate the bit during cutting: It is a BITRON product ( ), the penetrating oil. I highly recommend all its' products (engine oil, hydraulic and gas additives, etc, and suggest researching them on the internet. Their product is attracted to heat-buildup areas, and protects those areas: ie the areas which normally would experience the most wear. I use the products in some of my vehicles, and will do so once the grooves are done successfully, so that I can see the effects on a stand-alone basis.

To give a perspective: when using WD-40 on the bit, it is smoking nearly right away. With this product, using sparingly (it is more expensive than WD-40), making sure the bit has some lube on it, I have been able to cut a full groove, no smoking, and then immediately hold the bit in-between my fingers. Granted, I have calloused skin, and it felt kind warm to hot, but it certainly did not sear, nor was it strikingly hot. Cuts amazingly well.

The technology that BITRON uses saves gas because of reduced friction in the engine, and their gas additive helps the engine burn the fuel more efficiently.

Check it out!

Keep in the groove!
Luke

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: