Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Booth at Louiefest July 28 & 29, 2012

Booth at Louiefest July 28 & 29, 2012 27 Jul 2012 01:55 #1

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I would think that marketing would be another tool of the trade...

So Gadgetman Tacoma has a booth at the 2012 Louiefest being held at the LeMay America's Car Museum grounds across from the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington on July 28th and 29th. Along with lots of food, music and other vendors.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Booth at Louiefest July 28 & 29, 2012 29 Jul 2012 15:36 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Day one went well, A good number of curious people that were very surprised at what can be done with a little groove and even more people wanting to know if it can be done on their car, generator or outboard engine... we will see.

I have my 3KW portable generator on site as a prop, it does get their attention when they see the "After" numbers of 17 hours run-time.

Back again today to finish them off. :)

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Booth at Louiefest July 28 & 29, 2012 30 Jul 2012 04:57 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Karl,howd the last day go,lots of people show up? I think youve got a good market ideal.

We have a car show in the fall I plan to do similair type of program,and I plan to bring the vo ag class from local high school.

Dan gadgetman mo.

Re: Booth at Louiefest July 28 & 29, 2012 30 Jul 2012 05:50 #4

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dan,

I actually had a better reception on day 1, unfortunately because of the way the event was ran and the cost at the gate to get into the event, the numbers were just not there to be had.

I do think I did well on Saturday, didn't get any firm commitments but I did have a number of people that were very seriously justifying it to themselves for their particular need.

There was a couple from Utah that was interested, I think Ron had mentioned another couple in that region that was also interested. When they get home and talk it up they might come up with enough interest to make it worthwhile for someone to make a trip.

I think you will do much better with a car show. In talking with some of the people that were here from the "car group" there was some serious interest in the pedal response off the line... may be something to that. :)

I had my generator (as you could see) as a prop along with my backup TB from my truck which made explanations much easier.

I actually had one guy who said he was an "engineer", my ears perked up when I heard that, funny thing is... it all made perfect sense to him which made my day.

I did have flyers there which some people took with them along with business cards but the show and tell stuff along with the cost savings potential I think went a long way.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

• Page: