So here is how I did an IAC restriction/re-routing combo using a JB Quick epoxy "dam" with a "spillway". This is the TB for Karl Britz' 2000 Mazda B2500, same as a Ford Ranger.
This TB has a massive IAC entry port into the throttle bore that would interfere w/ the Groove's airflow waveform. A narrow dam across the port could be vulnerable to failure and ingestion. I made a thick wide JB Quick dam to fully block the entry port, then cut a trench along one side to direct the IAC air over throttle shaft away from the Groove. Karl mentioned last year when he did his original TB he made an epoxy dam, using a caulk gun tube as a form. I copied this, w/ clear box tape on the tube for non stick. Looking around I took a piece of a Milk duds box, and using the box tape, made it non-stick. Then inserted into the IAC port as a form. Mixed up a good amount of JB Quick epoxy added aluminum shavings saved from Grooving. After it set maybe 20 min. the epoxy was mostly set in a strong semi-plastic state. I removed the tube and the milk duds box piece came out pretty easy w/ needle nose pliers from under the dam. It set overnight, the dam was depressed in the middle, so I roughened up the top w/ small needle file. Filled over original epoxy to slightly over-filled, sanded/filed down after about an hour.
Before placing any epoxy, I used a dremel-sized rasp bit to pre-roughen all contact areas. After the dam was leveled, I used the rasp bit to cut the re-route trench "spillway" along the curved outer wall, directing the IAC air over the throttle shaft. IF the IAC airflow is too restricted then the trench is easily enlarged. This trench is about 3/16" wide and deep. I wanted a big well-anchored dam, and the candy box piece allowed me to do this.
Hope this may give folks a clue or two of one way to do this IAC mod. Visible also is my rough "caveman" main Groove done w/ Med. reg. Gadgetman bit.
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
This message has attachments images. Please log in or register to see it.