Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.
  • Page:

TOPIC: T-fittings for pcv re-routes

T-fittings for pcv re-routes 28 Jun 2014 12:59 #1

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
I use large t-fittings for my pcv re-routes and wanted to let you all know where I get them.

usplastics.com

They have a lot of different tubing fittings that you can use to help make things look great and keep things tight enough so the engine gases go just where the epa wants them to.

Have Fun!

Ken

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

T-fittings for pcv re-routes 28 Jun 2014 21:59 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Excellent choice Ken. Those look rugged ,well made. US Plastics has TONS of plastic stuff, a great source IMHO.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

T-fittings for pcv re-routes 30 Jun 2014 20:11 #3

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
great choice ,, heavy duty parts work
geraldc

T-fittings for pcv re-routes 23 Jul 2014 21:41 #4

• Isaiah
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Found the photos, I am in pain and gonna call it a night but will ask you dumb newbie questions tomorrow after or during Chemo.

Isaiah

T-fittings for pcv re-routes 23 Jul 2014 22:09 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
OK buddy, we'll be here for ya! ;)

no such thing as dumb question, only dumb one is the one not asked!

Glad ya found us! :cheer: As Ron Hatton always says- "Remember to Smile for a Stranger you will both be glad you did!"

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

T-fittings for pcv re-routes 24 Jul 2014 11:33 #6

• Isaiah
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have no clue as to where the caps go as I don't know my way around cars really well. Is there a video on how to cap these off and where?

Isaiah
1995 GMC Jimmy 177,000

T-fittings for pcv re-routes 24 Jul 2014 14:20 #7

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Well, Isaiah, there likely is something from Ron in his Youtube channel's. But it would be easier if you can post pic's of your engine from diff. angles. Just remove air cleaner, then get clear shots of the Throttle body (TB) and top of engine including valve covers, front, rear of engine, then I can describe what to do. BTW, there are many postings/pics of the PCV Re-route technique in the Index area here, many are contained within message threads.

You will need to do homework here to better understand what is going on w/ the Groove and why we do what we do.

hopefully this link to Ron's latest Training video on youtube will work.

We simply re-route the PCV- by first locating and capping the manifold vacuum hose connection that PCV Valve connects to. We then take the hose connected to PCV valve, and re-connect it to upstream of the throttle blade, to the incoming airstream. The hose stays ON the PCV Valve, the other end that went to the intake Man. nipple is the one we move. The crankcase is still ventilated but to a Passive source instead of Active Manifold Vac. NEVER just cap or block off the PCV hose and Man. Vac. source, as this restricts the crankcase's ability to "breathe" and ventilate.

PCV in stock factory config. re-directs crankcase blowby fumes w/ oil mist in it back into the engine to be re-burned. But by using the Man. vac. to create "suction" to do this, it bleeds off a big part of Manifold. Vacuum, and reduces the Groove's effectiveness. That's why the PCV Re-route, to preserve Man. vac!

There are a couple caveats to doing this, winter operation, and oil accumulation.

So since you asked what time it is Isaiah, there the short version of clock-Making!

Hope you're having a good One, you're already in your Training! ;)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isaiah

T-fittings for pcv re-routes 24 Jul 2014 14:34 #8

• JV
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 17

Isaiah wrote: Found the photos, I am in pain and gonna call it a night but will ask you dumb newbie questions tomorrow after or during Chemo.

Isaiah

If you're referring to 'chemo' as in cancer treatment, please be aware that it's a terrible way to handle the situation.

Please know the facts and consider a reasonable approach. Stop aiding the enemy by giving them your money.

Must see documentaries!

G. Edward Griffin - A World Without Cancer - The Story Of Vitamin B17

Cancer the Forbidden Cures - Full Documentary

T-fittings for pcv re-routes 24 Jul 2014 15:58 #9

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Isaiah, I think/hope by now you have found a group of very cool informed and caring folks! :)

I feel for ya buddy, it's quite a battle you are engaged in. You see by JV's post that we care, and we're a bunch of "outside the box" thinkers. I too have heard of many different ways to deal w/ disease, I just used a cheap/easy way to deal w/ kidney stones, and now have an easy effective way to control that, without a doctor. I had to go looking for ways to manage Asthma over 20 yrs. ago when My job ended and with it my Insurance. I did find a lot of good info, pre-Internet, and was able to handle it pretty well until I eventually seemed to outgrow it. Same thing for heart Tachychardia. And I know someone Gifted in the healing arts who helps many people...

Those and other Experiences made me more willing to look elsewhere for additional info on many subjects. That's basically how I got here. I won't however bring more discussion of health issues into this forum, I already clutter here and am too long-winded! :silly:

Isaiah, If you want to get any info of what I or others could share on your situation, just ask. Nobody here can give legally valid Medical Advice, but many have anectodal stories to share. Probably best to do this via separate emails. Thanks JV for being willing to try to Help! :cheer:

But let's let Isaiah ask if he wants advice, I bet he's already heard a lot... There is Always a Way to Win in any situation, and we all Win in the end anyways.

All the Best to All... :lol:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

T-fittings for pcv re-routes 25 Jul 2014 05:33 #10

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
Isaiah these are pictures of my 1997 chey 350 vortec PCV line reroute and cap
Only thing to changed in pictures is the glue red tube does not work with oil on tubes
geraldc

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page: