Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Online parts retailer

Online parts retailer 01 May 2015 10:47 #1

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Hey everyone -
I've recently been turned on to RockAuto.com as an "everything automotive" parts house.

That doesn't seem to be an understatement in my investigations so far.

What's really caught my attention is their "Tools & Universal parts" section. They have more hose fittings and clamps than I've seen in one place or at any of my local parts OR hardware stores, including some "I KNEW those had to exist" things that might make life easier than finding a workaround. (I'm thinking PCV re-route and AOS plumbing here).

Not an endorsement, just an FYI.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Online parts retailer 06 May 2015 00:33 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
this might not quite be the right place for it-but since we're talking parts here, I'll share this.

Last nite, I dodged a big bullet. I installed a Mr. Gasket fuel press. regulator in the fuel line going to the Subaru's Weber carb 2 yrs.ago. On advice of many Weber carb. related info websites, just to control the fuel press. Last nite,I drove to a nearby gas station, latest batch of MPG Remedy at the ready for a fillup. I went into station, paid for the gas, came back out and saw a leak under the engine compart. Investigated, discovered the Mr. Gasket regulator was leaking fuel across the top of the engine. It easily could have become a fire, especially if it had let go on the freeway. Seems the diaphragm had failed. Long story short, I fixed it on the spot, removing the regulator and re-splicing the fuel line together. My buddy Jake who gave me a ride from station to home and back for the fix, said he had a similar failure w/ one of these years ago as well.

I admit I bought this one due to price, and the fact it was on the rack at the nearest parts store :blush: So if you have a carburetor, DON't use the Mr. Gasket pressure regulator! :angry: :huh: :ohmy:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preston

Online parts retailer 06 May 2015 00:46 #3

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Good catch! That's some good luck!
Still, failures happen. I'll bet you got your money's worth in those 2 years.
i can relate to your experience: I recently made a similar budget minded purchase. 6 weeks later, I'm just getting it resolved. Never again. And that's why I've started this thread, letting everybody know of the good guys who helped me fix the mess the right way.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

• Page: