Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about the tools we use to give GREAT mileage on engines.
  • Page:

TOPIC: tools that are helpful

tools that are helpful 09 Jan 2012 20:26 #1

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Although these are not always needed they come in very handy when you have little or no results in mpg. A scanner that reads fuel trims map mass air tps ect iat o2s and mil sec of time the inj is on spraying fuel this in time will give better success on those problem ones you may incur. If you transplant any components Iat or map mass air etc youll know very quickly wether the ecu is adding or taking away the fuel and how much. If you take too much fuel away the ecu will get wise and dump fuel leaving big pos numbers on fuel trims reset and start over gradually take away and it`ll remain happy and cut fuel small neg numbers and the mpg will begin to rise. I use a MAC taskmaster scanner and it serves me well. Any scanner that reads these things and parameters will work fine. Also the vacum checks are very important but after you get use to reading the scanner and understanding whats happening you can tell if theres a vacum leak think of the scanner as a doctors stethescope or heart monitor. Hope this helps Dan gadgetman Mo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

tools that are helpful 24 Feb 2013 15:42 #2

• orrist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello this is Orrist from portage la prairie man. canada I know that this is an old old post but I didnt know where elas to put this.I was looking for a good scan tool and saw the you tub vido on the MaxScan ms 509 it looked good said you could upgrade the programe on the internet and you could copy from the tool to the computer and print it out.My problem is that the company DOSE NOT SUPPORT THAT SCAN tool thay say it is an old tool and want you to buy a new one that replases it which is more money. I was woundering if any body has what I need so that I can downlode the information from the scan tool to the computer.The tool workes grate and it was only $50.00 but I would like to be able to read the data on a larger screen.
If any body can help me it would be grate my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: