• Page:

TOPIC: Diesel TURBO GROOVE

Diesel TURBO GROOVE 24 Oct 2019 00:09 #1

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
Talking with one of my leads at my weekly 9-5:30 job, whom is very interested in everything we do here, has offered to let me play with his GMC diesel pickup.
So i wanted to share my thinking with everyone here. I'll ofcourse run this by Ron too, but I'd like you guys to open your minds a bit and think of the possibilities.

I explained how the Gadgetman Groove does its job, and he said he wants that on his diesel.
With his truck being a newer style, i don't assume it will have a throttle plate. However, to get around that, guess what's forcing air into the engine?

The TURBO! So i believe if i do a FULL CIRCLE GROOVE (360*) ALL the air WILL change into this miracle shape, and should produce some pretty cool results!

There is lots to learn, time needed for planning etc. In the meantime, what's your thoughts?!
Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Diesel TURBO GROOVE 24 Oct 2019 10:32 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I've pondered that same application as well. Diesel engines would be best to experiment on, I think, because they are built for the pressure & temperature range variations that would be at play.

I've also pondered putting a full circumference groove in each of the exhaust headers that go to the manifold, and then a spacer with another between the manifold and Cat...we want air to go in efficiently, but since engines are air pumps, we want it to come out efficiently too, right?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Diesel TURBO GROOVE 24 Oct 2019 16:11 #3

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
I am inspired of the fact you want to take on the diesel engine. Great job Michael for pushing yourself and maintaining your drive. Can you get me the info on the trucks year, size motor ect? I hope I can add some ideas to your project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

Diesel TURBO GROOVE 24 Oct 2019 21:57 #4

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Guys,
Have you checked to see if this diesel actually has a throttle body?
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Diesel TURBO GROOVE 24 Oct 2019 23:38 #5

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
I know the throttle body would be an easier task, but let's RESPECTIVELY "think outside the throttle" for a bit.

I explained my theory of a grooved turbo, and that's when he offered to let me do anything i want with it! What an awesome opportunity!

So if i can't find the throttle, I'll tackle the turbo.
If it DOES have a throttle, I'll maybe groove BOTH!

In the meantime, he will be getting his snake oil into both his 90's GMC plow truck's crankcases, then have me and my family out to his lake resort to have those grooved!

Thanks guys for the support, we need to all challenge the capability of the groove's amazing shape, and incorporate it into everything we can! Life is short, let's dare to make a difference!

Thanks Claudio for the support. Your willingness to help add ideas to this project is motivating me in a positive way. I'll gain knowledge on everything we need to know about this truck moving forward ASAP!

Until then, remember that amazing things await you guys! Now go discover them!
God bless,
Michael
Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Last edit: by Michael Lee.

Diesel TURBO GROOVE 25 Oct 2019 11:18 #6

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
The thing that makes The Groove more efficient is the restriction created by the throttle plate.

That being said, if you look for a spot in the intake air stream where the passage is reduced, the air will naturally be more compressed. That would be the spot I would apply your experiment.

Great thinking, Michael!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

• Page: