Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from Bob

Hello from Bob 14 Feb 2012 03:48 #1

• bobgreenwald
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello To the Gadgetman Groove World! I am looking forward to attempting to accomplish my first Groove.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello from Bob 14 Feb 2012 04:00 #2

• bobgreenwald
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I reside in Georgia and plan to accomplish the Groove on a carburetor type engine and various throttle body engines from 2001 to 1991 vehicles.

Re: Hello from Bob 14 Feb 2012 04:31 #3

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Bob, Welcome to Gadgetman Land! My name is Nick Reitter and I'm from the Fingerlakes of New York state. We are one big family here and are working together toward the common goal of seeing each of us perform successful modifications. Please don't hesitate to give me a call or post on this forum if you have any questions or need any help. We are all here to support you.
Welcome,
Nick

Re: Hello from Bob 14 Feb 2012 04:55 #4

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Bob, welcome. I am Karl Fortner in Tacoma, Washington.

A good place to start, if you haven't already, is going through and reading the files posted in the documents section. A lot of good information there. Another, obviously, is to read through all the posts on the forum relating to the vehicles and services updates. Then there's all the Youtube video's.

Search on Youtube for "gadgetman groove" and you will see several listings that are full of information.

Even with all that, before you do your first groove, let us know what you have and hopefully we can save you from some Oops's and some JB Qwik.

Again, Welcome :)

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

Re: Hello from Bob 14 Feb 2012 12:21 #5

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Bob, this is GadgetmanNebraska.

As Nick said we are all family, and if there is anything I can help you with please let me know.

As Karl said we have many resources on the forums.

Let us know what vehicle you will be performing the groove on and we will help you any way we can.

We welcome you to Gadgetmangroove land and are excited to work with you.

Happy grooving. Aron Cheek GadgetmanNebraska

Re: Hello from Bob 14 Feb 2012 13:31 #6

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hia Bob im markuss from sweden. grooving carbs :) nice looking forwadrs to seeing more posts about that, I beleave that the groove winds will affect the gasoline vapor more as in contact with the winds all the way to cumbuston chambur.
groovy

Re: Hello from Bob 14 Feb 2012 16:29 #7

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome to Gadgetman Land, Bob!

As you can see, we are all here to do the same thing... Change the planet.

Even if it is one person and one engine at a time!

Ron

Re: Hello from Bob 15 Feb 2012 02:46 #8

• bobgreenwald
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Gadgetman World. I must have posted in the e-mail rather than the forum. My first "Groove" will be on a 1991 Volvo 940 Turbo (B230T Engine). I enjoy tinkering and accomplishing my own maintenance on my vehicles. It started because it was out of necessity. The one question I will have is the vaccuum sealing. There are 4 lines on the back side of the Intake manifold and 2 on the throttle body. The line that goes to the Oil trap (pcv) seems to be a line that may be a candidate for a plug. The two on the throttle body go to the carbon canister. Since the engine will be using all of the fuel, these seem to be candidates for a plug as well. Am I close or way off.

Bob G.

Re: Hello from Bob 15 Feb 2012 04:06 #9

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Bob,

The goal is to increase the manifold vacuum without impacting the engine, per say. Of course with the turbo on there... guess we're going to find out now aren't we. :)

If none of these lines effect the computer (if there is one) then moving them off the manifold and TB to the air intake plenum and capping the connections would be the direction you want to go. If there is an ecu and it throws a code... eh, guess you could put it back. :) The carbon canister sounds like an early version of EGR.

If the vehicle has brake assist, one of those lines could be for that.

Be interesting to see how it deals with the turbo.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

Re: Hello from Bob 15 Feb 2012 05:12 #10

• bobgreenwald
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes, actually I forgot about a line. This line does go to the Brake assist. One of the lines goes to the waste gate, so I will not be touching this line. Another line goes to the fuel pressure regulator. The only 3 lines I will "experiment" with will be the line to the oil trap (pcv) and the 2 lines to the canister. I will give a shout once I have the "Groove" on :).

Bob G.

Re: Hello from Bob 15 Feb 2012 08:43 #11

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Keep in mind, you want to keep the bit perpendicular to the throttle plate surface and once you have the groove cut, clean it all up and gently sweep the bit through the groove to clean up the rough spots and make sure the depth of the cut is to the bit shank.

It does make a difference.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Hello from Bob 15 Feb 2012 14:11 #12

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hello, my first mod was a volvo 945 gl 2.3 also with 2 vacuum tubes to canister on tb i blocked both of them, I actually blocked all of the connections on the manifold :evil: i wonder whitch one is for brake assistance? i might have one or not i dont know, After a bit i even blocked my idel valve witch resulted in more power. Downside is that i have to give a little gas when the car is frozen at start up for a few seconds otherwise for me it works well. I have a question your car is a turbo so how come there are vacuum lines to the manifold doesnt the turbo pressurise the manifold? I also blocked the big pcv intake on tube before tb and its now breathing into the air. This might be illigal but as so mutch muck comes out of it i dont want it before air filter or air mass meter. condesation and oil comes out of it, and as it affects the strem of air going thrugh the tb i decided to cap it, I was thinking about checking if the fumes that come out of it are flammeble but havent jet. Have a friend who turbo converted him bmw e36 and he put a manual fuel pressure valve blocked everything else exept the pcv witch he has going to a coke can:lol: I might just aswell add that my groove started to whiste when i started to cap vacuum lines, this is good. looking forwadrs to your results saludos from volvo owner,

• Page: