Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from TracyG

Hello from TracyG 15 Feb 2012 07:48 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi All, I'm Tracy Gallaway in Reno Nevada. I'm new here and I'm excited about what Ive seen in Gadgetman Land so far! I'm going to go for the Personal Liscence program. I have 3 older carbureted vehicles, an 85 feedback carb. Subaru wagon (daily driver), a 74 Dodge Dart Sport w/ a 225 slant six modified w/ a Super Six Carter BBD 2 bbl and Dutra duals exhaust; and lastly Old Blue, a 68 Dodge 3/4ton truck w/ a 383. The 383 has an Edelbrock performer intake and 600 cfm Edelbrock AFB, single exhaust and electronic ignition. I'm naturally interested in learning to do F.I. throttle bodies and also small engine carbs. I found out about Ron Hatton and the Gadgetman Groove last week when I read an email from some energy researchers in Washington State who are going to have Ron speak at a conference this coming june. I dug into Ron's bio and kept going...I have been interested in fuel efficiency mods for years, and have implemented several on esp. my subaru. The subaru has logged a best MPG of 42 so far and achieved 37 mpg one day last summer on a trip from Reno NV to Grass Valley CA, that trip included going over 7200 ft Donner summit on I-80 and back! I have one of the early versions of Dennis Lee's HAFC hho generator kits on the subaru, and several mods from the HAFC Training course they used to put on several years back. Anyway a BIG Shout Out to Ron Hatton the Man himself for helping out a buddy of mine down in Phoenix a few days ago, and Hi to all in the forum and in Gadgetmanland. Looking forward to it all!
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello from TracyG 15 Feb 2012 12:58 #2

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Great welcome. Try to make mpg test before and after always nice to see the results on fuel gain. I have a little tip if you practice by starting using a small bit to get the felling off holding the dremel and then use the big bit. Also can come in handy is to not use full speed on dremel about half makes it a little easier to hold bit in place. Welcome to the family . Markus from sweden

Re: Hello from TracyG 15 Feb 2012 14:05 #3

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Tracy,
Welcome. It's always great to meet another of like mind. If you ever have any questions, be sure to call one of us or post it on the forum. We are all here to help each other learn and improve our vehicles.
Nick - Fingerlakes of New York state, 607.590.0391

Re: Hello from TracyG 15 Feb 2012 14:39 #4

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome TracyG, I am excited to see some old iron, but good engines to work with.

It's exciting to see you so interested and if you need any help or have any questions

with doing mods please do not hesitate to contact us.

We are a big family and welcome everybody who is interested in spreading and sharing

technology to improve our vehicles emissions, mileage and horsepower.

Again, welcome to Gadgetmanland

Sincerely Aron Cheek, GadgetmanNebraska 402-719-7064

Last edit: by AronCheek.

Re: Hello from TracyG 15 Feb 2012 18:50 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hi Markus, that is a great tip about dremel/bit technique. Makes sense to go slower and easier to preserve bit and Dremel life and use patience and control to get good results. I agree a before/after MPG test is essential to document results. We got snow here this morning so it looks a bit like Sweden here right now,LOL! Again thanks for your welcoming words, look forward to much more! Tracy Gallaway
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Hello from TracyG 15 Feb 2012 18:56 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hey Nick, Thanks for the reply and greeting, it feels very good in this forum. I have much to learn here in Gadgetman Land, and look forward to sharing any bits of info I can "toss in the pot" for all ! Thank You! Tracy Gallaaway
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Hello from TracyG 15 Feb 2012 19:39 #7

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hi Aron, thanks for your kind Welcome! Yes the venerable Leaning tower of Power slant Six and the big Block 383 Mopar are great engines! And my little 1.8 carb. Subie is not toobad either, though its always been underpowered (though I've been able to help that out quite a bit). I can already guess that F.I. throttle bodies ought to be much easier in general to work with as they are so simple. Carbs appear to need more work and detail just 'cause the throttle bores are small. Right now I know next to nothing of the Gadgetman secrets /tricks but look forward to learning. I've watched a bunch of the Gadgetman videos on the main site and youtube- I'm deeply impressed w/ the potential here! Gotta wonder why this was never used as O.E.M tech, unless they always knew and it was suppressed!! This idea is truly Elegant; so much of fuel saver tech. is about the fuel side. HHO, heaters/magnets vaporizers, additivies etc. In contrast this to me is like when Peanut Butter met Jelly! So Thanks Aron look forward to so much to come! Tracy Gallaway 775-544-7692
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Hello from TracyG 16 Feb 2012 04:53 #8

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Greetings Tracy and welcome aboard, You are now apart of this large growing family. I specialize in the car computers if you need any help don`t hesitate to ask. Most likely someone has done that model or similiar ones. You have a large family to work with. Just remember Rons rules do the mods. Dan Gadgetman Mo.

Re: Hello from TracyG 16 Feb 2012 08:31 #9

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hey Dan thanks for that! Wow I've never seen such a great helpful bunch of folks. I appreciate your offer of support. Aron called me this afternoon and we had a great talk till I had to go in to see the doctor- I was in the waiting room as Aron called. As soon as I can obtain my stuff to get started I'll see what needs done on carbs as all three engines of mine are carbureted. Meanwhile I have spoken to a couple freinds who would like better mileage, and I need to be sure I am allowed to help them. I respect what Ron has created here and need to work within the "reservation". Seems obvious to me that throttle bodies ought to be easier to do than carbs. I have a bit of a funny story to tell later about how I corrected a flooding problem on my Subaru today w/carb spray and 2 fondue forks...Anyway, thanks for the shout, Dan! Tracy
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Hello from TracyG 16 Feb 2012 15:31 #10

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
ROFLMAO!!!!

You really ARE a Gadgetman!!!

• Page: