Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello From Europe

Hello From Europe 20 Feb 2012 19:24 #1

• rgeber
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi there!

Listening to Ron's presentation on the Scarecrow podcast the other night I knew this is big. Over here in Europe fuel prices are astronomical, so I decided it would be time to get a little more involved into how my car(s) work and maybe apply the groove myself at some point :)

I drive a 2001 Volvo V70XC with a 5 cylinder 2.4l turbo engine burning ~12 liters / 100km combined. I'd appreciate any advice on that engine since it would be the first I'd give a try once confident enough.

The throttle is a weak point of the car, yet that seems related to some electrical systems. So I'm overdue to get my hands on that thing anyway ;)

cu
Roman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello From Europe 20 Feb 2012 20:28 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Roman,

There have been a few of Volvo's done recently, I know one of them was a turbo and it sounds like he's getting some good results.

Their posts may be in the Personal license category

Karl

Re: Hello From Europe 21 Feb 2012 14:20 #3

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi roman Im in sweden, where are you? your car has a electric throttle body dont forget to use buissis card or other devices to not groove the groove to close to tb plate at closed position. What do you mean with weak point, ?
quick tips have gasguet in tube ready and epoxy just in case, lubricate the bit and dont spinn it to fast I seem to geet a nicer groove at little less then half speed on my dremel 300. I use a table light and a light that strapps around my head to have good visual off angel especially the angle on the bit,
Good luck Markus

• Page: