Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from Atlanta Ga.

Hello from Atlanta Ga. 08 Mar 2012 01:41 #1

• JimmyNeutron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm Jimmy from Atlanta My brain never stop's so I have a long list of fuel saving techniques If you can dream it I can build it!
Well today I received the Personal training kit and I plan to groove my 1994 BMW 540I, 1998 Chrysler town and country, 1982 Dodge D250 "One ton work truck" and maybe the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox. I will groove them in that order as-well!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello from Atlanta Ga. 08 Mar 2012 04:33 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Jimmy this is TracyG in Reno NV and welcome aboard! I'm a new Personal License guy too, I'm just getting set up now. Quite a few guys here have lots of experience doing the Groove and are willing to help on any questions. The '82 Dodge truck you mention, is that a 360 and what carb has it got? Does it have the Lean burn stuff or more basic like earlier Dodges? I know about Mopars so when you are going to groove it feel free to post questions and I'll help with whatever I can. If it is original equip carb there are likely issues w/ it but I'll leave it to you to post any info and pics you care to. Good luck groovin'!! TracyG
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Hello from Atlanta Ga. 09 Mar 2012 01:02 #3

• JimmyNeutron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Its a 318 I think factory 2brl carb it has been one hell of a truck still has the factory clutch and its used for hauling only so its a beast I'm not sure if its lean burn or not!

Re: Hello from Atlanta Ga. 09 Mar 2012 07:08 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Jimmy Well if its a 318 then it likely has a Carter BBD on it. There also was another Carter BBD on 360 and 400 cu. in. Mopars in the 70's and possibly early 80's but its a different carb. Dodge also used a holley 2 bbl on some 318 and 360 Small blocks. All those carbs I think are aluminum throttle bodies, unlike the iron one on my 85 Subaru. The Lean burn system was used starting about 1977 till mid 80's on lots of mopars, usually there is a big rectangular protrusion on the air cleaner that has a label saying Lean Burn on it it's an early computer.
But being a big heavy truck good chance you don't have that system but a more normal carb. and Dist. w/ vacuum and centrifugal advance in it, even in '82 model yr. In my experience w/ the BBD found on 318's from mid 70's till about your truck's vintage, good news is the Main Jets in this carb are same type found in Carter and Edelbrock AFB's.So you could obtain different jets at many parts stores. They do use metering rods that "hang" into the main jets and hang from arms on a power valve piston activated by manifold vacuum. Earlier BBD's typical in late 60's till mid 70's 318's were different design using tall jets with no replacements except junkyards (good luck there). I need to look at one of my spare BBD's to see how much room is there for the Groove, as I run one on my 74 Dart Sport w/a mildly upgraded Slant six w/ the Super Six package retrofitted- So I will be attempting to Groove this carb as well. If you get far enough into your carb as to want to re-jet and get stuck put up a post and I will try to help out, I have been working on carbs for years. good Luck, Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: JimmyNeutron

• Page: