Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello

Hello 05 Apr 2012 03:03 #1

• parrish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello my name is Parrish Stevens and I just received my personal License and wanted to introduce myself. My first car will be a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix with a Gen 3 3.8 V6. Any help hints or information I should know before I get started. Also what are some epoxies I should have on hand to fix any mistakes before I get started. Moreover if anyone has any information they would like to share or be someone I can call with help while working on my way to be a Gadget Man.

Thank you,
Parrish Stevens
785 221-4285

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello 05 Apr 2012 08:35 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Parrish,

Welcome aboard.

For epoxy, most of us use JB-Qwik, it is pretty solid when mixed properly and sets up fairly quickly.

You'll probably want to get some carb cleaner, a cutting oil for the bits... there is a variety of lubricants you can use.

If you have a camera (even a camera phone), take pictures of the engine area's, special attention to the vacuum lines, etc. Pictures of the carb or throttlebody before you groove it.

Details like fly-by-wire or cabled is good information also.

Basically the more detail you can post here on the forum the easier it is to determine what direction to point you. :)

Again, welcome to the gadgetman groove team.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

Re: Hello 05 Apr 2012 10:48 #3

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome to the Family Parrish!

If you ever need to call someone and get a quick answer, you're welcome to give me a call.

Nick Reitter, Gadgetman of the Fingerlakes, 607.590.0391

• Page: