Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from Bulgaria

Hello from Bulgaria 15 Apr 2012 20:38 #1

• skodko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello. My name is Todor I am 22 and I am from Bulgaria. I drive a 1983 Skoda Estelle 120. I dont think you know about the Skoda brand in U.S.A. Its from Czech Republic and its in VAG group from 1990. Pre 1990 cars are much different from the cars they make now.
My car has a 1.2 liter engine with 52 hp@5000 rpm. Its was very economical in its days- 6.5 liters per 100km with 90-100 km/h speed (50- 60 mph). A friend of mine did the gadgetman grrove on my carburetor. I am amazed bu the effect. The engine runs smoother and quieter. Also low end power is much better. I am driving the car with much less throttle. Its much responsive and when I "hit the gas" it pushes me to my seat like its never done before. I will report my mileage when I refill my tank. Here is a picture and a video of the "grooved" carburetor.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello from Bulgaria 15 Apr 2012 20:54 #2

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello and welcome Todor, I love your video, and you took great pictures.

It sounds like you got some great horsepower out of the car.

The grooves look great. Keep us posted on mileage reports.

I have done around 72 grooves on various vehicles and I am amazed evertime I perform one.

Good luck and have fun with your (NEW VEHICLE)!!!!!!!!!!!!

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek

Re: Hello from Bulgaria 15 Apr 2012 21:03 #3

• skodko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My engine is completely standard. I think i will get the hp measured on a dyno with the old carburetor and the grooved one to see if there is any difference, but I am pretty sure there is.

Here are some pictures of the restoration process of the car.
And a few pictures from Classic Day 2012 in Bulgaria:

Re: Hello from Bulgaria 15 Apr 2012 21:39 #4

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
GREETINGS FRIEND, the groove looks great but, I would fill in the notches where the groove opens for best mpg and port it to butterfly bar. Happy grooving. dan gadgetman mo.

• Page: