Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello, gonna try the groove

Hello, gonna try the groove 12 May 2012 16:01 #1

• DAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My name is Don and I ran across the groove on You Tube.

I have read all the Patent Applications PDF Docs, watched all the videos from Ron and the Members and read all the forums. I went to a local machine tool house and bought all the bits I need after work yesterday and I went to Pick-A-Part and bought a throttle body to practice on. Next door to my work is a shop that has a flow bench that can measure air-flow so I can practice on the groove angle to get the most airflow. Its great that Ron has gone into so much detail to explain how the groove angles are to be cut and how to re-route the PCV lines.

I have 4-vehicles lined up for Memorial day weekend to do the groove. 1-1998 Chevy Silverado V-8 1500, 1-1988 Ford F-150 302 v-8, 1-Toyota car 4-cyl and 1-Ford Mustang V6. Whats cool is that the shop next to my work has a Mustang Dyno that I get free use of so we are gonna run before and after HP, TQ and Fuel MPG at 25 MPH, 40 MPH, 55 MPH and 70 MPH. I have 4-days off so we are gonna do 1 car a day so we have plenty of time to re-run the Dyno tests incase we need to.

Selling it was easy, They are gonna pay based off the Dyno results. The more MPG at each 4 levels and the more HP/TQ the more they pay. If the results arent there I already bought Loctite aluminum Epoxy and I will fill in the groove and change their oil for free.

It should be a fun weekend.

P.S.- Ron you never sent an address to mail you a check to help fix the motorhome you are stranded in.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello, gonna try the groove 12 May 2012 16:15 #2

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey there, Don!

First, let's deal with you making your own bits. While I have posted a lot of the information on the design, I have kept a few little secrets ;)

So, while you're experimenting, please remember the best bits to date come only from Gadgetman. And they are in short supply. There is only one more personal license left. After that's gone, I begin filming for the training dvd V 1.2. I recommend you get that set and use our bits for your testing.

Now, as you're doing Dyno based payment, you will want to get paid for ALL they receive. So, clear the ECU, and put the vehicle through a number of drive cycles before you do the after test. If you try to show immediate gains without that, you will be shooting yourself in the foot AND showing less HP and Torque than will be delivered when teh computer makes its adjustments in full.

Now, if you want to make a donation to the Groove Tour, you can either do it through PayPal to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or just send it in to the office at Gadgetman Technologies, Ron Hatton, PO Box 882, Naples, NY 14512.

I want you to give me a call if you run across anything while you're doing these mods!

Ron

Re: Hello, gonna try the groove 12 May 2012 17:01 #3

• DAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Great Feedback Ron,

I think I will take baseline runs and groove on day 1&2 and then bring them back on Day 3&4 for final testing. That way they get some cold starts on the ECU. I also bought a nice scanner so I can reset the ECU and get the fuel trims.

I found bits that were similar to the (9) bits in the Patent application

Last edit: by DAngel.

Re: Hello, gonna try the groove 12 May 2012 18:12 #4

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I don't think you found bits that match m design, but I would like to get a look at the ones you found! Shoot me a note with a link through my email.

And do not trust what you read on Google. While the drawings are indeed mine, they will not do for the Gadgetman Groove at all.

Ron

Re: Hello, gonna try the groove 13 May 2012 20:54 #5

• phil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Theres a place that does dyno testing less than a mile from me. was gonna take a car there for some before/after. I went to a performance car show the other weekend, loads of interest but the guys there wanted dyno results. Are there any before/after dyno results out there already? If not ill go get some.

Re: Hello, gonna try the groove 14 May 2012 01:11 #6

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
if you can get some it would be helpful for us all.if you need any advice on groove just ask. thanks dan gadgetman mo.

• Page: