Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2004 Ranger o2 sensor

2004 Ranger o2 sensor 18 May 2012 18:45 #1

• MATT
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i have a 2004 ranger 4x4 and i have it grooved and iam only getting like 20mpg thats good but iam always looking for more right ..
i hear you can mess with the 02 sensor and get more just wondering if any one has tryed it and wut kind of gain did you have thanks alot matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2004 Ranger o2 sensor 19 May 2012 11:33 #2

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Matt,

What were your pre-Groove miles per gallon?

Re: 2004 Ranger o2 sensor 20 May 2012 22:42 #3

• MATT
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hi nick my miles before the groove were around 15mpg
they r now around 20miles per gallon

thats good iam happy the groove worked so well ,ihavent grooved anybodys cr yet they allways say its not gana work , its realy getting frustrating

Re: 2004 Ranger o2 sensor 21 May 2012 07:53 #4

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Matt,

I get the same thing from people, even when the results are right there in front of them.

This weekend, I was at a Hydro Race, I live stream the event and use the generator for power.

On my other thread I describe in detail but the short story is that it is a 3KW generator, 4 gallon gas tank. I purchased 5 gallons fuel for the weekend.
Saturday, I filled the tank and ran it from 10am to 6pm. Sunday, I ran the generator from 9am to 3pm.
Doing the math that is 14 hours of run time on a generator that per manufacturer spec will only run 9 hours. Through personal experience with this generator pre-groove I could only get 6 hours out of a 4 gallon tank.

The guy next to me watching the races... looking for any "logical" reason for it to get those results, other than the groove.

Go figure

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

Re: 2004 Ranger o2 sensor 21 May 2012 11:50 #5

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Where is the report on this one, Karl?

You will all hear the following from me on a regular basis until you are all following my lead.

Now, you are all doing the paperwork, aren't you? I've gone to great lengths to give you guys everything you need to be successful, but most aren't using the tools! Here's the biggest failure of all...
1) Keep copies of the Welcome to Gadgetman Land! The Gadgetman Groove: The World's Best in Fuel Economy on hand (Under the Welcome to Gadgetman Land! The Gadgetman Groove: The World's Best in Fuel Economy ) and fill one out for every mod you do.
2) Make SURE you have the customer SIGN it, explaining this is all experimental. this helps cut down on refunds dramatically!
3) Take that data every week (Sundays might be good) and fill out the Welcome to Gadgetman Land! The Gadgetman Groove: The World's Best in Fuel Economy on the site.

Don't worry about having all the data. Just report what you have! For updates, like mileage reports months or years later, we'll handle that when it comes in.

You do this and you are helping everyone on this planet, most especially yourself and everyone else in Gadgetman Land!

So, KICK IN and get that data recorded! The world depends on you...

Ron

Last edit: by Gadgetman.

Re: 2004 Ranger o2 sensor 22 May 2012 01:24 #6

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Right... here...
Welcome to Gadgetman Land! The Gadgetman Groove: The World's Best in Fuel Economy :)

I'll fill out a MOD report with all the gory details.:silly:

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

Re: 2004 Ranger o2 sensor 12 Sep 2012 15:41 #7

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey guys!

We are about to do The Groove for the City of Missoula. Test vehicle is an 04 Ranger with a 4.0.

Any pointers for me?

How about a call?

307-413-0342

Ron

Re: 2004 Ranger o2 sensor 12 Sep 2012 18:58 #8

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Matt get a scan tool and watch O2 sensor(s)voltage, in real time as it runs engine warmed up. Take note if any O2's voltage hardly switches up/down, or if it switches slow.

TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: