Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Hello from Lancaster, Pennsylvania 28 Jul 2012 03:36 #1

• Gordy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi! I have a 1997 Chrysler Cirrus with a 2.5l v6 with over 200,000 miles on it & am always looking to get better mileage.I have a dry hho cell & a volo fs2 chip and currently get 30-31.5 mpg hwy, but if the groove could get better I would give it a try.Is there anyone in the Lancaster or Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area that has had this mod done, if so where?
Thanks,
Gordy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Gordy.

Re: Hello from Lancaster, Pennsylvania 28 Jul 2012 04:10 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It has been my experience that the groove and hho dont seem to work well together.

Im not saying you wont get an increase but the ecu will pick up more oxy and command fuel.

Thats why I use an ammomia cell hhhn,as the o2s are then blind of the oxy letting the ecu to cut the fuel increasing mpg. The groove works very well with this cell.

The volo commands the ecu to certain parameters not letting it get the max mileage with hhhn there is no need for volo or effies. The ammonia cell only pulls 2 to 3 amps.

Dan gadgetman mo.

Re: Hello from Lancaster, Pennsylvania 28 Jul 2012 04:25 #3

• Gordy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Guess what Dan, I am using your super fuel, which is great, but it still turns brown.Great job on comming up with that formula.Do you think I am better off disconnecting the Volo or is there some way I can use the Volo to my advantage?
Thanks for the quick response.I just love getting better mileage.
Gordy

Re: Hello from Lancaster, Pennsylvania 28 Jul 2012 14:17 #4

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Gordy, Ive had better exp without the volo as it seems to hold back its full potiental. This is done from many hours of testing and lots of fuel burning and in many differents climates.
The groove seems to enhance the mpg. As soon as I get the full size reformers done Ill let you know.

Dan gadgetman mo.

Re: Hello from Lancaster, Pennsylvania 28 Jul 2012 20:00 #5

• Gordy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Dan, I will disconnect the volo & see what mileage I get with your super fuel.Ron told me to block off my pcv vaccuum port, so I blocked off the pcv valve & the pcv vac port.I don't know if that will hurt or help till I can find someone local to cut the groove.Any idea what kind of mpg a 2.5l v6 might get with the groove & super fuel?
Thanks,
Gordy

Re: Hello from Lancaster, Pennsylvania 29 Jul 2012 00:39 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Gordy! a quick tip-

On the PCV, plug off the vacuum port, then take the PCV hose and tee into the fresh air breather hose. Idea is let PCV valve allow crankcase gas to enter thru the breather hose. Both ports on valve cover or covers now vent to upstream of throttle body above throttle blade. Only plug off PCV valve itself if mounted directly to manifold (and hence direct to manifold vacuum).

W/ this method, crankcase can vent/breathe fumes to intake BEFORE manifold vacuum, and manifold vacuum is increased/preserved. Better manifold vacuum enhances fuel vaporisation. The Groove Dramatically increases vaporisation of fuel by causing a vacuum "spike" during intake stroke, that's the magic here!

Welcome to Gadgetman Land, Gordy!

TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Hello from Lancaster, Pennsylvania 29 Jul 2012 00:59 #7

• Gordy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Tracy,
I have a cold air intake that has a non vacuum line going to it which is right after the air filter, so I guess I should tee into this from the pcv valve which is in the side of the valve cover.Do you have any idea what mpg I might be able to get with the groove from a 2.5l v6?I'm hoping I can find someone local to cut the groove.Thanks for the tip!I hope I can get some better mileage.

Thanks,
Gordy

• Page: