Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from Arcosanti, AZ!

Hello from Arcosanti, AZ! 15 Aug 2012 17:53 #1

• Nathan Hodgson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ron! Hello groovy people!

I got to spend some time with Ron at the Science and Tech. conference in Idaho. I had talked to Ron before the conference once or twice and was already fairly confident in the mans honesty and amazing pricipals... After meeting him in person I was blown away by the genuine, goodhearted, intellegent person he is. He grooved my companions car, we noticed some immediate improvements and I managed to scrounge up enough cash a few weeks later to get a personal license!

I have been an environmental advocate and proponent of renewable / free energy for over 15 years (since high school, age hint. I have an Associates degree in Renewable Energy Technology with an emphasis on Photovoltaic Solar Design and installation and have worked in that industry mainly for 5 years now. So the groove is of particular interest to me.

While in school I learned how to run Diesel engines on their originally intended fuel source SVO(straight veggie oil) and have converted 12 vehicles (11 Mercedes cars and one Ford truck) to SVO. My car of choice for many years has been a 1981 Mercedes 300 SD running on dual tanks (one bio-diesel, one SVO) with a GreaseCar kit manual switch system. I've driven over 75,000 mi for FREE on used veggie oil from restaraunts. Well, I'm sick of dealing with oil collection and classic car repair and have been using a 2001 Honda Prelude on good ol' dino fuel for the last year.

I run an Energy Efficiency Consulting Business for residential and small commercial clients and am hoping to incorporate the Groove into my product / service offerings.

I'm really looking forward to being an active Gadgetman and member of the Groovy Forums, thank you to whoever may take the time to read my little biography! Next post... first personal mod!

Peace,

Nathan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello from Arcosanti, AZ! 15 Aug 2012 20:16 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Nathan and Welcome to Gadgetmanland! I'm Tracy Gallaway in Reno Nevada, a Certified Gadgetman. Your schooling interests and expertise give you a great appreciation for what the Groove holds for us. We are indeed lucky that Ron (and Debbie) Hatton have done So Much in order for us to have access to this amazing discovery.

Using veggie Oil as fuel works but w/it's own hassles...

The Groove Process (as I call it) has hurdles too, but together we have learned and continue learning how to master them. There's a combination of fixed priciples of applying this concept, together w/ each vehicle/engines variables. In a word, Applied Science.

Really exciting stuff when you do it yourself and it works...!

Having an Executable application of a concept is everything, we Indeed have one!

Nathan, I and many others here on the forum want you to succeed. together we shall.

It's a good idea to take pics of your work before during/after and post 'em, you know the saying...;)

I can be reached at 775-544-7692, if you need help.

Welcome Aboard Nathan!!
TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Hello from Arcosanti, AZ! 20 Aug 2012 16:38 #3

• Nathan Hodgson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll be posting questions and pics of a Kia Spectra 2004, I'm already stumped on the PCV fix... I've practiced on an '84 Ford f250, a beat farm truck, seems to have helped it run better in general, no fuel gauge though...

Thanks again!

Re: Hello from Arcosanti, AZ! 22 Aug 2012 02:38 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi again, Nathan. Can you describe how/what it is that is unclear about the whole PCV re-routing deal? That might be better than me going into another dissertation about it.

Once you understand how the PCV system works and what the parts are, the PCV re-route mod should become clear. Actually you need to have the Groove concept together w/PCV system to see why this mod to PCV system helps. After that it's just simple mechanics.

Hope this helps, feel free to post questions, call me if ya like!:)

TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: