Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello From Redding California!

Hello From Redding California! 17 May 2013 17:19 #1

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:cheer:

Just had to jump on and say Hello to all you trailblazers!! I will be doing my first Mod as soon as my Box and Bits get here. Looking forward to Offering this revolutionary Groove to the good folks of the North State!

Blessing to you all and Prayers for Ron & Debbie!

Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello From Redding California! 17 May 2013 19:44 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Well hi Tim Welcome to GadgetmanLand! :cheer: (sounds like a machine based amusement park!)

So what are ya gonna Groove first?

As you no doubt know, study the training Manual thouroughly. IT helped me to practice on an old junkyard TB first. Go easy w/ the bits, not too fast Dremel speed, keep some light oil or a can of water handy to dip bit in to cool it frequently.

I's very helpful to take pic's of your work, of un-modified TB, the Groove as you cut it and end result. We harp about vacuum leaks a lot, need to keep on top of those. Then when ya do cut a Groove, remember to check your work, a bright flashlight from inside TB and out in dark place to look for any pinholes/breakthroughs.

I'm in Reno Nevada, so we aren't so far apart. I and others here always are glad to see new blood, and offer advice as we can.

Welcome, Tim! :cheer:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GM Tim

Hello From Redding California! 18 May 2013 14:09 #3

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tracy,

Thanks for the tips! I am going to groove our Suburban, Silverado, RV, Boat, Lawnmower... Yep, I will have lots of personal reporting to do. I was talking with Debbie about getting to MT to get certified and looks like it might be a while before I can get out there. Our prayers are that Ron get healthy soon!

I was wondering if you would be open for me to come for a visit. I have some friends in Reno I can stay with anytime. Not sure what the rules are about putting personal info on the forums.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Tim

Hello From Redding California! 18 May 2013 14:46 #4

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That's what I like to see! Gadgetmen in the field getting together to share their experiences!

You are going to find Tracy more than a handful, and are going to have a wonderful time, no doubt.

Now, we can get you all the training here in Hamilton without having to lay out the 5 G's, too. You just let me know when you want to come and we'll take care of the paperwork, tout suite.

And you can always call me at 307-413-0342. (does that help with the rules of exchanging info on the forums question?)

Yee-HAH!

Ron

Hello From Redding California! 18 May 2013 15:13 #5

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You're a hoot! I would love to come spend some time with you. I've already layed out a couple bills to Debbie and she is sending the box soon.

Thanks Ron!!

Hello From Redding California! 18 May 2013 19:04 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hey Tim, I'd love it if ya can come down to Reno and hang around awhile. We could Groove whatever ya drive down here (i'd help/train YOU to Groove it!) I'll share all kinds of info I have about Grooving and finer points I've found out about. and you could see what Plasma Jet Ignition spark looks like. My phone is 775-544-7692 cell not always on but I'll return the call from a message. I'm off Wed-Thurs from work, and I'm generally available in evenings.

IT would be fun for sure! :cheer:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Hello From Redding California! 19 May 2013 00:02 #7

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It seems that Tim is planning on a trip to the most BEAUTIFUL valley on Earth-The Bitterroot Valley. (That's where Gadgetman HQ is, BTW!)

So for those of you active enough on the Groovy Forums (That's HERE, BTW!) I am prepared to make a special offer. Remember the discounted Extended License (Pre-Certified) I offered a few weeks ago? I am going to offer that same deal if you mention the word "Quetzalcoatl" up until the time Tim gets here, but you MUST BE READY TO ATTEND THE TRAINING WITH TIM!

If you can't make it, I'll give you a refund, but you have to act pretty quick.

I want to have one HECK of a Groove Fest to celebrate his arrival to Gadgetman Land in style.

Talk to him to see when he's planning on coming, but I believe it will be within the next three weeks, so you have to be ready to rock-n-roll!

And tell Tim "Thanks!" when you talk to him....

Hello From Redding California! 19 May 2013 03:08 #8

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Cool! I will give you a call tomorrow!

Thanks!!

Hello From Redding California! 19 May 2013 13:22 #9

• Dries Fourie
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
Greetings from South Africa GM Tim and a very warm welcome. Man oh man you guys are sooo privileged!! I would give my left front tooth to be there with you all and I would so much like to meet you all in person. Everyone here has made me feel like family when I joined. Be sure to make the most of it and dont miss anything. See you's all down the ether. dries.

Hello From Redding California! 19 May 2013 17:08 #10

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dries,

I know what you mean! I actually have a few SA friends here in Redding CA. Thanks for the note!

Keep Grooving!

Hello From Redding California! 24 May 2013 19:35 #11

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hi again Tim, it was a pleasure to get to know you, and thanks for giving me the chance to share w/ someone so "with it" about the Groove! :woohoo:

I'd say you will be a great Gadgetman, with your backround. You got the feel of cutting the Groove pretty quickly I thought. Takes practice of course...

You grasped the concepts I shared quickly! As many know it helps to think in terms of Systems when dealing w/ engines and vehicles.

I heard on Internet radio about the quakes that began around 10PM last night near Greenville Calif. I checked the map and realized it wasn't right on your likely route home, unless you chose to go west by Lake Almanor...Here I was reminding you to watch for Deer and Ma Nature whips up an earthquake swarm :ohmy: 5.7 richter scale is not a little one....

We sure got a good laugh when we realized we had drilled the hole in the air duct for the PCV Re-route 90 degrees off! (you folks should have seen the look on Tim's face--Priceless! :lol:
But that was an easy fix!

The fuel trim #'s sure looked good on your wifes '02 5.3 Vortec Chevy Suburban during the re-program drive. ST#'s were in +3 to -3 range and LT's were +3 to -2 or 3, with straight zeros on all 4 trim's during de-cellerations. O2's looked pretty normal, switching 1-3 seconds without going real high or low. I still think the power will be better w/ new set of plugs w/ a gap increase, and maybe new wires? A Suburban is a lot of vehicle weight.

Tim cut quite a nice Groove on this cabled Vortec TB, even w/ the big hole that appeared on left end of Groove next to return spring. We learned a good lesson re: checking your work! We filled the hole w/ JB quick, and I cleaned it up w/ big bit. Took it outside in the dark to check w/ flashlight and there was a tiny crack in the epoxy, and you could see light through the JB...weird, and would have missed w/ naked eye! Patched on outside w/ a big gob of JB and called it an evening.

Tim did 99% of all wrench work on his wife's Suburban, he's a good wrench for sure! and an all-round Great guy for sure! ;) He's been around the world and is a dedicated Family Man who Loves the Lord. Folks, watch what he says and does, he's gonna be a great Gadgetman!

Thanks for dinner and Lunch too, Tim, I know your wife will be Jealous! LOL!

did you get any good pics to share, buddy?

Talk w/ ya soon, Tim, thanks for a great Groove Experience!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Hello From Redding California! 24 May 2013 19:52 #12

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tracy- Thanks for the groovin time! Really appreaciate you doing that. I just posted about the 5.3 with a few pics. No gains coming home. Just checked for leaks- none. Not sure why.

Didn't feel the earthquake at all but my family did. Thanks again for everything! If you ever make it this way be sure to call!

Your welcome at my fire anytime.

Tim

• Page: