Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello From Redding California!

Hello From Redding California! 24 May 2013 20:20 #13

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
thanks Tim now I have a friend in Redding! I've already hit on the Ignition issue--Ignition can't be too Good IMHO. I'd look at replacing those plugs and check resistance of those wires w/ DVOM Those short wires ought to be no more than a few 100 Ohms, any more and get something better.

I'm curious about how the PCV capping helped, but no more. Perhaps the ECM needs more time. We have another Professor Vehicle here, I think. Can anyone explain the odd little cylinder w/ 2 wires and a plastic tube on top of intake man. just behind TB visible in pics, is that a solonoid controlling a vac. signal to trans? :huh:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello From Redding California! 24 May 2013 21:18 #14

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
YES, Ron told me last night (spoke with him on the way home) that it is the Gas Tank Vent.

Hello From Redding California! 25 May 2013 09:22 #15

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Knowing this was the Suburban (the vehicle info should be provided for any discussion on the topic) the valve you are speaking of is the EVAP purge solenoid.

This is where his error codes are generated, as it measures too high a flow through the device.

Does this help?

Hello From Redding California! 25 May 2013 09:34 #16

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Does that mean the valve is opening when the vacuum is too high or when there is too much air? Would that be what is preventing the intended effect of the groove?

Could it be removed and give us what we want, if that's the case?

Hello From Redding California! 25 May 2013 09:55 #17

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have heard of G-Men removing the EVAP supply hose, attaching it to the intake air stream before the TB and finding no codes as a result. You could try that, but I recommend a new fitting rather than teeing into the breather hose.

Different aerodynamics.

Ron

• Page: