Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Howdy! From La Vernia, Texas

Howdy! From La Vernia, Texas 09 Feb 2014 17:57 #13

• jrsembera
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I installed my first grooved TB on my 2001 Dodge 1500 4X4 with 360L engine. It took me a while to install this, but i needed to get this thing running normal before making this modification, now it's running on a new TPS, Speed sensor, and rebuilt ECM. I did find out it gets a WHHOPPPING 9 whole miles to the gallon, thirsty. Anyhow, I installed the modified TB, plugged the PCV port and rerouted the hose to the intake plenum after the filter(passive). Completed the relearning procedure for ECM as per the instructions. After that we took it into town, about 50 miles round trip. Smelled the exhaust, and you can't smell anything. I like how this thing sounds and responds so far. Now I'm waiting to get some miles on it to find out how the MPG responds. Keeping my fingers crossed.

John

PIC's: 1) open intake manifold, minus TB
2) rerouted PCV tubing, left is PCV, right is other valve cover vent tube already vented to the cover

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Howdy! From La Vernia, Texas 09 Feb 2014 18:23 #14

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Very nice, John! :cheer:

I just did the exact same engine in a couple years earlier Dodge truck for my neighbor gear-head buddy. I'll have to post the pics of the TB, I did a IAC fill-in w/ JB and double Grooved it as a test. My neighbor has a couple issues to fix on the truck before it's running again.

Congrats on the clean exhaust, that's a Very Good indication the Groove is working along w/ the repairs you did. Good on you, John!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: