Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from Idaho

Hello from Idaho 10 Jan 2014 20:49 #1

• ColtWS
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Looking forward to contributing to the modifications B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello from Idaho 11 Jan 2014 02:16 #2

• ColletteThomas
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Colt!
Welcome to Gadgetman Land! I know you are eager to get started, and Tracy tells me you have all the gumption to do it. You already know your way around an engine, so you're halfway there! So Welcome again, and we'll see you soon.

Hello from Idaho 11 Jan 2014 22:08 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Colt, Welcome to the Gadgetman Groove forum! :cheer:

Glad to see you with us! You will dig the Groove. Couple suggestions--watch your training DVD repeatedly, check out Groovy Service Bulletins channel on youtube. Read and study here in the forum, and in the Index tab at top left of forum, Index takes to "back room" of site where there's a load of info.

When you have a Dremel and flexshaft (I use Dremel 4000 and flexshaft attachment) you need a table or workbench w/ good lighting, and eye goggles are MANDATORY domt ever skip those! I use some used power steer fluid in a cup to cool/lube bits. I scored a couple cheap/free TB's to practice on. A 1/8" drill bit and some JB Quick will also be good to get.

I seem to re-learn my technique every time I Groove. funny thing--many of my Grooves look kinda sloppy/ugly yet they seem to work anyway! :lol:

We'll wait till ya have questions for more, Glad you're with us Colt :woohoo:

Welcome Aboard!

Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno Certified Gadgetman
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Hello from Idaho 12 Jan 2014 22:29 #4

• ColtWS
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hey Tracy I have done both of my rigs now they seem to be doing good not sure on mileage yet. I rerouted my pcv to the other side of my intake. my main question I have so far is the egr valve should I plug it also or leave it alone any info on the 04 dodge Dakota or 04 dodge stratus would be awesome thank you for the warm welcome

Hello from Idaho 13 Jan 2014 18:06 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Yo, Colt, I advise leave that EGR alone. You could play w/ disconnect. the vacuum source for it, but My written advice is Leave it alone.

Glad you;ve done a couple Grooves! If ya can post any pic's of your work that would be awesome. If you have any questions re; details on these Grooves, fire away. I haven't done/don't know those 2 Dodges, so maybe you can show us?

thanks Colt

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Hello from Idaho 13 Jan 2014 21:20 #6

• ColtWS
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thank you Tracy I did hook the egr back up this morning I will post some pics in a few days and what I have learned on them also. I am thinking at this point both of my rigs might need the Mapster to get mileage I will know more on the stratus later this week.

• Page: