Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: just starting out ...going to be slow

just starting out ...going to be slow 11 Jan 2014 14:20 #1

• Willis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone my name is Willis..
I got interested in the groove by looking at videos on youtube..decided to try it on my own vehicle
I have a 1990 Ford E-150 Custom Van. Appreciate any help in that direction. also my Son Kirk
will join me after he is financially able. He has a 98 5.4 ford pickup. Well I live in
rural Penna. snow and ice right now and i have no workshop or garage, so its out in the cold.
I will probably have to wait until spring to start up cause who likes working out in the weather.
think i will go to a salvage yard and try to find throttle bodies for my car and others like my
sons and other relatives to practice on. Maybe I am the oldest member to try to start the
business but I ammma going to try lol. dob: 07-11-1946 Love to you all and thanks for any tips.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Willis. Reason: misspelling

just starting out ...going to be slow 11 Jan 2014 21:39 #2

• ColletteThomas
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Willis! and Welcome! I suppose you are feeling like the 'new guy'. But don't let that concern you. We are all here to help in whatever way we can. I don't have experience with your particular vehicle, but I know similar vehicles are out there and we'll help you figure it out. In no time you will be a veteran at Grooving away! And welcome to your son Kirk also, I think he will be your right hand guy working right alongside you, and the more the merrier! The more people out there helping to make this planet a better place, the better!
Have yourself a great evening!
CT

just starting out ...going to be slow 11 Jan 2014 22:39 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Willis Welcome to the Gadgetman Groove forum.

Makes sense, Get some spare TB's to fit what you folks have, and work indoors! Study the Training DVD, this forum, and look in the Index tab top left corner of the forum, loads of topics/info in the Index.
first what you need, basics: Dremel 4000 and flex shaft attachment. eye goggles MANDATORY always use em. good lighting. JB quick, or other fast setting metal epoxy. I use power steer. oil in a cup to lube/cool bits. 1/8" drill bit good for roughing up aluminum before applying epoxy.
Patience. go easy when Grooving, I usually use med. speed or little less on dremel, and dip bit in oil, holding ball end under oil couple seconds to keep it cool, gotta protect those bits! ;)
Good news for you guys is, overall, Ford's are easy to Groove and respond very well to it.. Only question I'd have on the '90 Ford is if the Throttle body is removable from intake, or is it integral to intake casting? Also the '90 is from the OBD-1 era, the "dumb" computers, we can "get away" with a lot w/ those in general.

So Welcome Aboard! With Age comes Wisdom. BTW, buddy I ain't all that far behind ya! :whistle:

Tracy G
Gadgetman Reno Certified Gadgetman
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: