Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Post your Stories

Post your Stories 02 Apr 2014 20:49 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi all, well it's been pretty quiet here on the forum. Ron is out of the picture, many may think that the Gadgetman Groove left with him. What Ron Hatton discovered and shared with the world still exists! Ron's energy and persistence and mind opened a new door. That door is stiil open.

The Groove can't be dis-invented, waayy too late for that. We who have experienced what it can do will not forget it or Ron. I have never seen anything else like it. I know it works. I have gotten results w/it varying from OK to Fabulous! So have many more of you who have tried it.

Collette has Personal License kits/bits available.

This website and forum holds knowledge found nowhere else on the Planet. Take advantage of it.

So I invite comments, questions and attempts at answers here. This has been a great place for learning and sharing knowledge. Pictures help beyond words! Don't forget the Index button top left of the forum page, it's the door to a LOT of info.

If you are new, curious, or have been lurking here awhile register on the site and jump in! :cheer: Introduce yourself, tell us what you are thinking, working on or wondering about. I KNOW there are many silent ones here-(312 visitors one recent evening). I'm sure there are a lot of folks w/ questions. No such thing as a dumb question- only dumb one is the one left un-asked.

IF you have a Personal Liscence, are Certified, if you have any experience w/ the Gadgetman Groove, then you know more than 99.99% of the population about this. Same goes for those whose engines have been Grooved, customers, freinds, etc.

We don't always get top shelf results. That's why this forum is here! :ohmy: to do Q/A, share discoveries, right......?

spring is here folks, about time to get busy again!

(i can't hear you...)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Post your Stories 05 Apr 2014 11:00 #2

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Tracy,

I hope Ron is coming back though. His knowledge, enthusiasm and willingness to help others was instrumental to the success with his groove. How can this idea succeed without his energy to promote it? Then again, that may be one reason why he was harassed like he was. When you start messing with the men behind the curtains profits from the masses, you are attacking thier cash cow. Getting 50mpg or more is not want those reprobates want. Ron was/is a threat.

Well I sent away for the cold vapor system by Dan Merrick and will give it a try since I am still stuck with no results. It could be the computer chip that is killing me but so far I hear good results with the groove and the cold vapor system.
My average MPG highway(80%)and city combined was about 26 before the head gasket change.
Now my average is 23.. :angry:
Maybe getting a new chip to over ride my trucks computer chip could help give me the intended groove results also.
When I get the system and hook it up, I will post the results.

Last edit: by Karl411.

Post your Stories 05 Apr 2014 18:28 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Well Karl we'll have to wait and see 'bout Ron, I pray he's OK...

Since I've taken so many swings at tryin' to figgure out your Mazda, I might as well try again...
couple O' wild guesses...The head was pulled and a valve job done right? Well if there was carbon in the combust. chambers, it's gone now. Carbon would have taken space in the chambers effectively raising compression increasing power output. Hope that if the valve guides were shot that new guides were pressed in and clearanced to the valve stems...

If the engine had oil/coolant getting in the chambers the results would have gone downstream to the cat, could partly plug it up. A laser thermometer w/ a temp range up to say 1000 deg.F would show if it's lighting off, think it needs 650 deg F or so to light off. If it doesnt get at least that hot after miles of hiway driving it is suspect and would affect downstream O2. The outer heat shield on cat can give false temp readings look for an angle to the actual shell of cat itself. Scantool reading of downstream O2 should show fairly steady reading somewhere around half a volt I believe when everything is up to temp.

The new head gasket...could it be thicker than original? That would drop compression hurting efficiency. But- if the head was surface ground that removed material going back in reverse "direction"...

Intake gaskets are all new now, shouldn't be an issue.

Worn/leaky/dirty fuel injectors could cause losses too even the O ring seals they sit in can go bad causing vac. leaks. Might carefully spray a shot of carb. clean at injector base to see if there is reaction at idle. Are they selling that E-15 gas in your area, I've heard/read bad reports on that stuff! :sick:

Don't remember if your PCV valve is still hooked up stock, they can go bad too...Ever pull the EGR Valve to check that it isnt partly stuck open w/ carbon? I cant remember the whole story on the Mazda!

The basics all gotta be good to get gains from anything. going thru them all can be an ardous trip sometimes. If little Johnny needs glasses he's not going to hit the ball as much!

I've tormented you enough for today, Karl! ;)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl411

Post your Stories 05 Apr 2014 20:13 #4

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The only thing done was the head gasket and replacing the water pump since that was original with 270k miles. The mechanic thought I had the engine replaced since I had it since he said the engine was very clean, what ever that meant. Was also surprised that I had 165-175 pounds pressure on all four cylinders.

BTW....Just talked to a guy with the same name as yours. He called me as I was replying to your post and he lives in the same state you do. We talked for over an hour and a half. Nice guy and very informative. Maybe you should give him a call too since you both have so much in common.
:P :P :P :lol:

Last edit: by Karl411.
  • Page: