Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ready to Groove

Ready to Groove 09 Oct 2015 19:59 #1

• JamesLB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Greetings everyone,

I am looking forward to working with the groove on my cars, I presently have a 1999 Dodge Caravan, 2004 Chrysler 300M and a 1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire that is my classic restore project. I also am looking at purchasing a 2002 Dodge 2500 with a V10 which could seriously use help in the mileage department.

I have been browsing the forum and look forward participating as soon as I get more information from Collette about getting the license.

Regards,
James

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ready to Groove 09 Oct 2015 21:57 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi James welcome to the forum! Collette does have the Personal License kits available, she told me in an email yesterday that a family member has some medical issues right now. But, go ahead and contact her when you're ready. You can use the Contact US tab on the front page to give your information to her.

Your cars all sound interesting, though I'm not sure about Grooving your classic Olds. The Dodge V10 also sounds interesting, I've not done one of those, don't recall that one here yet. Have you looked in the Dodge section in the Index to see if one is in there?

Anyhow welcome to our corner of this reality! :)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Ready to Groove 10 Oct 2015 00:14 #3

• JamesLB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Tracy,

I don't see any of my cars here but I did see a Dodge Caravan that Ron did on You Tube. I may not do the Olds Classic as it's a Turbocharged V8 but I do have spares for it and it's a long ways off before that stage will come up. I will probably do the Caravan first after some practice on something like a lawn mower or generator.

james

Ready to Groove 10 Oct 2015 18:39 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Yeah, the Caravan sounds like the one to start with to me. And yes- start on a lawnmower carb w/ the small bit, I'd also find a junk TB or two to practice on as well.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Ready to Groove 10 Nov 2015 16:32 #5

• JamesLB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Got my bits and license!! I'm in the process of moving to Las Cruces NM so I won't be doing any grooves until I get settled in there but I'm looking forward to getting started in this.

Also is there still a way to get the advanced training and licenses should I decide to do that?

Has someone been setup to give the hands on that Ron was offering?

Regards,
James

Ready to Groove 22 Nov 2015 22:17 #6

• JamesLB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Tracy,

I'm pretty busy now getting packed up and ready to move all the household stuff but as soon as I get settled in the new digs I'll be more active here and get started with grooving.

James

Ready to Groove 26 Nov 2015 13:07 #7

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Cool, James, I myself got home last night from Phoenix, AZ, a 15 hour marathon drive. Boy do I envy the winter weather there! Really cold here now! I will talk to my friend to see if I might Groove his wife's old 85 Toyota Celica I just drove 700+ miles back here.

After your move you can get started in the Groove adventure!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: