Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need new posts!

Need new posts! 11 Dec 2015 23:33 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi everybody, hey the Forum has gotten awful thin. I've held off 'till Martin got his bits and PL, and now he has. This is the least posts ever since this Forum was begun by Ron Hatton years ago. I've got one or two Groove jobs in the pipeline now. Anyone else have any new input? I will soon! ;)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Need new posts! 14 Dec 2015 15:49 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I've not grooved Dad's snowblower: I'm afraid it will guarantee a snowless winter. I'll get to it when the storm clouds are menacing...til then, I'm enjoying 19 degrees Celsius (64ish F), and hoping to fire up the lawnmower on Xmas day!

Actually, I've been learning up on small aircraft engines. Tracy, you'd be entirely comfortable working on one in most General Aviation aircraft - they're like the boxer engine in your Subie, except air cooled. (in fact, Fuji Heavy Industries has a version or two of the boxer that's certified for aircraft use) Carburated... I've also learned that the FAA issues STC certificates for aircraft modifications, so I'm looking into whether a carb mod like the groove would be considered. I guarantee there would be considerable interest for it in the aviation community: at $4+ per gallon for the 100LL AvGas (100 octane) that gets burned at 6+ Gallons per hour in the engines, if a pilot/owner/operator could save 30% or more on fuel cost, and/or get more time in the sky...they'd be lining up.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Need new posts! 14 Dec 2015 18:44 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Damn it Greg, it's SUPPOSED to snow in Canada! Shut up, it's frickin' COLD here in Nevada, you have NO Right to have 60+ F temps in Frickin' Canada!! Groove Every darn snow Blower you can get your hands on right now!! ( Tracy grumbles to himself "mowin' the dang lawn for Christmas in daggone Canada, man I tell ya...!" Don't worry, I'll sign an Authorization to have all the snow that would fall in Reno, be sent to Canada instead, but we need ALL the Mountain snow in the Sierras! Gotta end the Drought! Had to scrape snow from my car windows again this AM, and drive slow on the Freeway to work.
:P ;) :cheer: :S :pinch: :whistle:

Interesting about the Subaru engines for aircraft, I have seen things about Subie's used for experimental and ultralight aircraft, light compact engines. Why not see about what kinds of carb's these engines use. Pics of these carb's would be useful, esp, the underside view of the throttle plate and throttle body. Some carb's don't lend themselves to Grooving, others do. Might be a good idea there Dr. Greg. I'd imagine aircraft engines have a different operating load/throttle position profile from cars, near WOT for takeoff, lighter throttle for cruise. Might inquire if Authorities allow or people use throttle body or carb. spacers in these engines. IF they do, then that's a good sign. Answer to that question is a good indication to me if the Groove would be useful to these engines. I mean the Groove itself, makes basic sense here, as in nearly all gas engines. Just guessing here.

Thinkin' 'bout Grooving your Buick?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Need new posts! 14 Dec 2015 18:47 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
PS- I'll have pics of a Groove job in progress right now, in a couple days!

Glad to see you on in here right now, Herb! :)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Need new posts! 14 Dec 2015 20:13 #5

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
The Buick's on the list for the spring, once I've done a bit more benchmarking. Just on Tire pressure, MPG remedy in 89octane E5 gasoline and learning how to drive it, I'm averaging ~25MPG combined, well up from grandad's 10-12 MPG. I'm gonna put an oiled air filter in it at the tuneup I plan (man, I gotta tilt the engine...), so I'm trying to find some of those Zero Ohm plug wires that fit (that Manufacturer hasn't returned my email inquiry) and while those Spark plugs you use are interesting, it turns out that the Iridium ones I bought for my old truck fit and meet spec...and there's an Ignition coil I'm looking at for 5kV higher output on the secondaries made by a company whose name resembles that stuff they put in chinese food, and then there's the RVS engine and powertrain treatments to consider...

I'll dig a bit deeper into airplane carbs for you, bud...stay tuned!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

Need new posts! 14 Dec 2015 22:52 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Yawhol, Herr Doktor, Wery Wery Gud, indeed, You haff done much Gud vith der Buick so far! :woohoo:

I mean Hey, folks, Greg here has merely doubled the average fuel economy of this Buick, by merely using just a few celebrated Pre-Groove (could be Post Groove too, of course!) Gadgetman tricks! These are the sort of things I send out to my Mail-In Groove customers.

I am and good 'ol Ron would have been quite Proud of you Sir! I shall immediately inform the Regimental Artillery to fire off a 21-gun Artillery Salute to you!

(stay tuned this Channel folks- this guy is GOOD!) He's done this kind of stuff- and he hasn't even Grooved a Car Yet... :blink: he could one day beat my all time record of 72 MPG, maybe not w/ this Buick, but Who Knows, at this rate.... :lol:

If ya find any good pics of the Aviation carbs, you have my email add... and BTW, those Granetelli plug wires I got from JC Whitney. I too tried to contact the MFG, but JC Whitney came through for me, look online for 'em. Oh Yeah, I like MSG Ignition stuff in Chinese Take out too...

congrats on the Buick!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: more stuff

Need new posts! 15 Dec 2015 08:17 #7

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Thanks Tracy...I'm just a person who likes to learn how things work and then tweak them to run optimally, plus I'm possibly more open than most to trying/doing non-mainstream things to get there. What I've found is that when approached mindfully, positive results are easy to achieve. The Groove is one of the things that fits the category.

I'll be sure to get in touch with the good people at JC Whitney about those plug wires...that's where I found the stronger coilpack as well, if memory serves...

About the only thing that'll hold the Buick back from 60+MPG is aerodynamics...the thing is a box on wheels. I should look at the AirTabs vortex generators (I found a great video for how they work on airplanes that I should post- maybe it will help clarify some things for people- it shows real time results rather than computer models and speculative analysis) for Ms Wendy, the Rendeevous that rides like a cloud.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Need new posts! 15 Dec 2015 17:09 #8

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Hey Martin - how's it going? Have you grooved your Colt? I've been dying to hear!!!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Need new posts! 15 Dec 2015 22:19 #9

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Yes, Martin, have you any news for the Forum? BTW, I would ask as Ron used to- take a moment to check the topic drop down menu when posting on Groove related work, questions or other topics. This will help those who are looking up topics or seek info in the future.

BTW- I am about to post pics of a Groove job I just did on a Chevy 4.3 Vortec TB. :)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Need new posts! 31 Dec 2015 11:09 #10

• Gadgetman2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Tracy and everyone else in Gadgetman Land!

I have FINALLY got an email addy and access to a computer a few days a week and am looking forward to seeing what has been happening in my absence.

Right now I am in Butte Montana and am looking for a J-O-B. It's tough out there as Winter is the slowest part of the year here. Many businesses just close their doors and hang a sign in the window "Back with the Spring Thaw."

For those of you who want to get in touch with me directly, I can be reached at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I love you all and am excited about the prospects of the future.

Ron Hatton
aka Gadgetman

Need new posts! 19 Jan 2016 01:33 #11

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Well, the 'ol forum has really fattened up lately! :P

Hearing from Ron after so long is about the most important post in here in two years!

Can't wait to hear more from ya, Ron! We'll keep the Lights on!! :lol:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Need new posts! 19 Jan 2016 12:02 #12

• Gadgetman2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Greg! First I hear great things about you from Tracy, and now you go and blow that idea all to smithereens by telling me you have an engine that you won't groove-YET!

Always do the groove as your first step of service/ It makes everything else work so much better....

And you can reach me directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have a mind.

Ron
aka Gadgetman

• Page: