Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need new posts!

Need new posts! 20 Jan 2016 11:09 #13

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Well, Ron, it's like this:
I've done some homework, clarified some things in my head and helped get that clarity out to the community. If I can't explain it, I can't sell it. I'll eventually get certified, Ron; count on it. Considering less than a year ago I was a "gas goes in that hole, keys go in that one" person to rolling up my sleeves and changing my own oil and doing my own tune-ups, pausing is like standing on the high dive.
I have a "day job" that's puts a roof over my head and food in my belly, 2 things I rather appreciate and enjoy. The day job is a small business, with one employee, me, in a highly competitive industry - that generally means half the time I'm working and the other half I'm looking for more work, so it's pretty all-encompassing. Couple that with not having an indoor hobby area (ie, a garage or shop) and living in Canada and needing my fingers for the aforementioned day job...well, that kinda puts a bit of a kink in the machinations of making the groove happen. I did my dad's push mower as practice and it turned out well - he loves it so much he's asked if I can do the same to his snowblower...again, no shop. That'll be a springtime project, right after the car.
And as far as your "just groove it" attitude, I can see your perspective on that. If it's already running fine, chances are you won't run into any problems. me, I like to make sure that I won't. call it the boy scout in me, wanting to be prepared. I also see that the groove is part of a comprehensive process that happens over time, attaining peak system efficiency; I just do it backwards from you to prove that gains can be made for the sceptics. who's more correct is open for debate, but from where I stand, that debate is a waste of time.
Don't worry, this will happen. I'm working on a lot of things at the moment. The weather is supposed to warm up again next week. If work doesn't interfere, maybe I'll be able to get my Buick done and up into the 40MPG range. Given what Tracy has told me about you, I'm sure you can relate to all of this...that might be why you haven't replied to an email I've already sent to that address.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Need new posts! 20 Jan 2016 14:39 #14

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Well, it's gotten lively in here, and that's good! ;)

I think the discussion here has gotten to a point for me opine on it. When working on cars, the "tactical situation" is part of the consideration. Not having a garage or shop puts a crimp into the situation for sure. I lack a garage or true shop space, but I do have an unheated lean-to shed on side of the house, where all of my Grooves have been done. My buddy, the Landlord where I live, doesn't want a parade of cars coming in and out of the driveway, and I must respect that. I have a full-time day job, that often takes all of today's and some of Tomorrow's energy from me. So, I rely mostly on Mail-in Groove jobs, and I participate here in the Forum to contribute all I can.

Having said that- I gotta say, when you do a Groove job, on a car in person, and experience the before/after effect, it can get Very Exciting!! :woohoo: My first dose's of that came in Ron's driveway in Mesa, Az, when I was there for training nearly 4 yrs. ago. Ron had Grooved my friend George's wife's car, a Kia or Hyundai, I forget now. After Grooving, the car blew Zero's on the 4 gas Snap-On exhaust analyzer Ron kept in his shop/garage...I watched Ron add it to the Zero List he had right there next to the analyzer. Then, I got in back and laid down right against the tailpipe, hot engine idling, and Sniffed--it had No Smell at all, just hot moist air coming out. I was already a member of Muffler Suckers Anonomous :lol: I had already been sniffing cars' tailpipes as an analytical tool for years. so, I KNEW just how significant that was instantly! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: And, I got to drive George's daily driver Subaru Turbo wagon, that Ron had Grooved for George previously, that thing was amazing! George told me of the big increase in MPG the Subaru had received from Ron's attentions. Though a high miles car, it ran Very Strong...

These in person experiences, coupled with the experience of meeting, working alongside of, and soaking in as much knowledge from Ron as I could, Grooving techniques, and a hundred other things. Well, I now had a big treble hook in my mouth. This was real Excitement. Ive since had other such experiences, taking an '89 Nissan Maxima from ~20 MPG hiway to 38 MPG on an Orange Test drive in person, an '06 Chevy Avalanche from 12 to 18 MPG in long-distance hiway driving, a Ford Super Duty V10 Triton truck from ~10 to about 13 MPG's on a demanding mountain drive w/ A/C on the whole way...OR seeing my own Subie wagon actually deliver 72MPG one summer night on the 50 mile exacting Orange Test drive.

the Power Boost you can feel while doing a computer Re-Learn drive, that's another big kick in the Rear too! :lol: :P

So, my friends, stick with it. Greg has done us a good amount of Service here, bringing in so much added Focus to the efforts. You have already had Validation with the sadly deceased truck of your efforts and research. The Rendezvous has shown promise too. More is to come!

And Ron, you know so much it makes my head hurt just to think of it! You have done So Much to bring this opportunity to us single hand-ed. Your efforts and work stand as a Monument of strength and Determination to advance this Cause, Thank you.

Ron- if you have any input from memory on the GM 3.5 Liter DBW TB's, I'm certain Greg would appreciate it. Greg- I'm having some confusion here for the Rendezvous. I just did another Ebay search looking for pics of the TB. Yours, pardon my sloth in not going back to read your emails- is an '08 with the 3.5 L engine? Ebav search is giving conflicting info, re 3.5 and 3.6 L engines and model years. The various DBW TB's are all quite similar, but there are differences.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: more info

Need new posts! 20 Jan 2016 17:47 #15

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I thought '07 was the last MY for the Rendezvous, and it's the 3.5litre (3500) engine. Maybe the Chevy minivan or the Pontiac G6 is what confused you - same TB - which gives me something to consider re: Granatelli...

I live in an apartment complex, so no lean-tos for me. I pondered a portable shelter, but landlord said no-go...some by-law they were concerned with. Luckily my parents don't live too far away, so I go use their driveway when the weather is good. I have a couple of uncles who might let me use some of their workshop space, one of whom just won a local car show for his old Monte Carlo (I think...), but until this becomes a viable enterprise, no renting of bays or buddy's shops.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Need new posts! 21 Jan 2016 00:07 #16

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Maybe ask if there is enough spare bench space with a power outlet close, to setup the Dremel and Panavice in your Uncles place. 3 feet square should be plenty. You could be in/out in an hour or two. Some looking and planning ahead. Get a peek at the Buick's TB, to see if the carbon stain is in there. IF it is, then a business card, and a package of Modeling clay, to hold the throttle plate in position w/ the card, should do it for throttle plate position. I'd think all needed to buy, excluding tools, is Modeling clay, and a spare TB base gasket or O-ring, if it's needed.

You could determine what tools needed to pull/reinstall the TB, maybe get a spare base gasket or O-ring, and a wire w/ alligator clips and a wrench to pull the pos. batt. cable off for the computer re-learn as you are Grooving the TB. A plastic spray can top, to have some light oil (Unc. might have used power steer fluid or similar in the shop) to cool the bit in. Just basic tactical thinking. I'm used to this sort of thing. B) If your Unc. is Ok to give more time, and you have it, then no need to rush the job, allow time to figure the bit, Dremel, and Panavice angles. Just a suggestion. A lighted place to work out of the cold, if all are agreeable. I work in pretty tight bench space, my lean-to is quite cluttered, but that's just me! ;) BTW- Ron had way less tools than even I do! Just do what is best in your situation.

Sticking my neck out for another idea-- IF you had the needed tools, and the other few things, you could even do this in your apt. I'd just get an old sheet to put down on the floor. To get real Commando about it, look for a cardboard box, big enough to cut down some, to put down on a table/countertop. Big enough to work in, with the top and one side cut off, maybe sides cut down some, to contain the flying aluminum dust. Won't be THAT much dust anyhow. Tape the box to the tabletop/countertop, have the top and one side cut off to give inside access, the Panavice goes inside along w/ your bit cooling container, and a rag to have handy.Newspaper around the box or on floor to catch dust/dirt? Maybe the Dremel flex shaft goes in one side thru a hole in the box side. Work out lighting. Instant Grooving station, mess nearly all contained. Just not in middle of the night! :S :pinch:

OK, it's an '07 Buick Rendezvous, 3.5L engine. I will look for Ebay auctions to have a look at one. Let's talk about the Rendezvous' Groove job, in another new thread.

Just some ideas, might even work for ya, Greg!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Need new posts! 25 Feb 2017 18:32 #17

• jessedenson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Calling all GadgetMen? My name is Jesse Denson, I am 43 and I live in Ridgely, Tennessee. I am also an inventor. An invention that I have not prototyped. I'll wager Uncle Same knows plenty about it. That aside let's just say that Ron and I share like goals. If the Gadgetman were my invention I would have billions of dollars. That said, I'm here to help us Reach our first Billion dollars as Chief Information Officer for the G-Force Throttle. This appears to be the group to talk to as I recognize other G-Force Officials gathering here. Johnny come lately has been asked to get the Wordpress Comments Working on the diagnostics.gadgetmangroove.com site. I was given a User/Pass combination that doesn't log in. Any current/previous Admin with approved access and knowledge of the wordpress,. If I do not answer, please leave a short message describing this known issue and a time that I can reach you by phone? B)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by jessedenson.

Need new posts! 25 Feb 2017 20:14 #18

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
thanks, Jesse for the very first Music video ever on the Gadgetman forum! :lol:
I Think I hear the faintest influence of Joe Jackson in that tune...

But seriously I look forward to having your talents and skills as an asset to the organization.

And I had to laugh, we look a bit alike! :)

Attachment Laughingplanethiketofullerlake021.jpg not found

Attachment TracyHunterCreekcampmorningcoffee.jpg not found

I've never uploaded any pics of myself, so here I am, out hiking and camping in the nearby Sierras.

I'll have to get one or two of myself in a more relevant setting, like with a Grooved TB.!

I'll be calling you Jesse, glad to see you here!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

The following user(s) said Thank You: jessedenson

Need new posts! 26 Feb 2017 09:28 #19

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We are now entering a new phase of development. Both in products (I have five new ones to roll out) and in marketing the benefits of Wave-Form Technology (formerly only known as The Gadgetman Groove".

I look for this Summer to be quite lively in all respects!

Let's get ready for some amazing developments, not the least of which is embracing our new colleague, Jess Denson.

One thing I would like to institute is Forums messaging between users, I've been a member at other forums with that capability and I used it regularly.

Something to think about...

Attachment Atease.jpg not found

Ron
aka Gadgetman

This message has an attachment image.

Need new posts! 27 Feb 2017 01:25 #20

• jessedenson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Waiting on the mail Tracy, any day I'm sure. I also operate an internet radio station from my home, sometimes, lol.

If you listen to these on your Smart Phone we are Reelfoot Lake Radio in Ridgely, TN
You can listen with iTunes from google play, just get the app and search for it.
Iphones have Tune In as well, but they come built in with Itunes and you can just click this link here
[link] [/link]

One time I got into a Timothy Leary event just by carrying a tape recorder with me and saying I forgot my press pass.

Last edit: by jessedenson.
  • Page: