Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: hello everyone

hello everyone 14 Aug 2017 02:55 #1

• Travis Seuren
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 5
hello i am a 36 yr old automotive enthusiast. form i graduated LTI in 1999 and worked full time as a mechanic from 98-2012 doing anything from tires to timing belts. i left the business because my DJing took off and has paid my bills for the last half a decade. i have always been into HP, and Ive always wanted to do things my own way. in general people who "know their shit" don't want to reinvent the wheel, i on the other hand do lol. alot of time i learn the hard way.... but i damn well learn.

my current ecomoder car is a 96 legacy 2.2 4eat auto trans awd.
i know this car isnt a great start for mpg copaired to a metro or civic but its what ive got and it was a steal ! $200 and it had 90k 107k now. it was full of dents but i made it pretty snazzy for 600 total w wheels,tires,body supplies,paint, other odds and ends...
it got 19-21 mpg when i got it w a misfire rated for 22 combined, i replaced an injector and good to go for 25ish mpg. my current mods are:
warm air intake
upper grill block
high voltage coil
.065 gap .035-.040 oem
pcv vacuum line cap pree tb feed only
knock sensor relocation, combined with beter fuel 89 vs 87
2.5 catback home made
4'' air dam and side skirts ($10 garden edging)
torque app/manualy miles/gallons
40/42 tire psi
engine restore (it works! any one w over 100k should run it or something better)
seafoam top engine cleaner
stp super concentraited fuel cleaner

i have gotten my mpg as high as 35.6 hypermiling and i average 33.3
i have plans for :
areo f bumper
higher energy coil and bigest gap i can get
taller tires
1" lowering
energy efficient tires
and the one im banking on............................
the "Gadget man groove" im quite excited do the training, get my groove on and see/spread the real world gains in efficiency, mpg, and power. im hoping once i get a few under my belt the word will get out locally and take off :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

hello everyone 16 Aug 2017 08:50 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Hey, Travis!
How about some pics of your baby, showing off some of your modifications?
I'd like to see how that edging was used... Also, the other aero mods for the intake etcetera.
Could give others some good ideas!
Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

hello everyone 24 Aug 2017 21:08 #3

• Travis Seuren
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 5
This is the garden edging i did the front as pictured as well as the sides. Also i currently have the upper grill 100%blocked and the lower grill half blocked

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Last edit: by Ron Hatton.

hello everyone 27 Jun 2018 20:35 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Travis, I gotta say, that garden edging makes a pretty clean lookin' air dam on yer Subaru! That's a clean looking ride there.
My own old '85 Subaru wagon Subie looks kinda sad nowadays. Last March high winds tore the driver side roof edge moulding off. Then in April some unkind ASH&^% decided to swipe the driver's side apparently with his truck's bumper while backing out of his parking space next to mine at work. So now Subie looks like a beater.

So a few weeks ago, I went and bought another Subaru-- an '02 Outback wagon w/ 139K, 2.5L manual trans AWD. I have only driven it a little, less than 100 miles so far. It's overall pretty clean, new Michelins on clean factory alloy wheels, a few small dings and blemishes. No mods at all yet, I don't even have a baseline MPG on it yet.
My first real injected car after 44 yrs of driving. I've done the Groove on over 30+ vehicles/ or TB's for others, mainly by mail. My posts litter this site, though I've been silent here for months.

Anyhow, I commend you for being open to new cool things like the famous Groove!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

• Page: