Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: getting going

getting going 08 Nov 2011 15:23 #1

• pmeinholz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Everyone,

This is Phillip Meinholz, from Wisconsin. I received the bits and video yesterday. I watched the video last night, and am about to attempt the first mod today. I am looking forward to the results. The first one is going to be a 2002 hyundai accent. The throttle body is already off, and I am prepping to cut the groove. We'll see what happens (crossing fingers I don't cut through anything).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: getting going 08 Nov 2011 21:14 #2

• Fixarn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Philip
I am also new here, I have made a "real" groove on my car, but I got an old throttle at a junkyard and worked out at first, it is not quite as easy as it looks to keep the angles right. It's just a little tip from Sweden.

Re: getting going 09 Nov 2011 03:00 #3

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Greetings Phillip,
Welcome to Gadgetman Land! Feel free to call if you need any guidance or have any questions.
Nick - Gadgetman of the Fingerlakes

Re: getting going 09 Nov 2011 03:05 #4

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Hello From Michigan!

I'm originally from Madison and have lots of relative in Packerland! I may be coming to Madison for Thanksgiving, so if you live somewhere en route from Marinette to Madison, let me know! I'll be driving my grooved 2003 Chevy 2500 HD.

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Re: getting going 09 Nov 2011 04:43 #5

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome Phillip, It's so exciting to see so many trying the Gadgetmangroove.

I am known as GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek and would like to let you know if you have any questions or concerns to please let me know.

Looking forward to seeing results and sharing our family of Gadgeteers with you.

Thank you so much for your forum entry. Happy grooving,have fun!!!!

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek

Re: getting going 10 Nov 2011 01:33 #6

• pmeinholz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank You all for the welcome. I am looking forward to getting to work with all of you. Scott, I live just east of Madison, about twenty minutes from the capitol. If you get down here, let me know. I have grooved a 2002 hyundai accent, that is running well except for an ignition issue. I have also just grooved an edelbrock carb for a truck of mine, but I have not reinstalled it yet. So far, so good. Time will tell if I am making the mods well.

Re: getting going 10 Nov 2011 03:41 #7

• Scott Castleberg
  • Thank you received: 12
Talk about a small world. Unless things don't work out, I will be coming to Madison, hopefully arriving late Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. Where exactly do you live? I also have a brother & sister in law in Sun Prairie. I too am new to "The Family" of gadgeteers.
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Re: getting going 15 Nov 2011 20:19 #8

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Phillip, Karl Fortner from Tacoma, Washington.
On your Hyundai Accent, does it have port injection?

I have 1999 Hyundai Accent with port Injection and everything seems to work fine except for getting it to idle down without almost stalling.

I have moved the PCV to the passive intake coming off the plenum, reduced the air flow across the MAF sensor (which helped a lot). I had reduced the air flow through the IAC but removed it as it didn't seem to resolve anything. I may put it back in with a slightly larger bore to see what happens.

Anything different on your vehicle?

Thanks

Karl Fortner
GadgetmanTacoma (Youtube)

• Page: