Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 07’ Honda Ridgeline Rts

07’ Honda Ridgeline Rts 18 Feb 2019 01:36 #1

• Josef Duda
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello everyone, my name is Joe. I’m from Wappingers Falls, Ny. Few months ago I get the groove on my Ridgeline and I didn’t gain any gas mileage yet! My average mpg is 17,5.My vehicle is in perfect shape. No evap leaks. Last few weeks over the winter I notice also accumulating moisture on the oil filler cap. Is there anyone who got Ridgeline and can help me out? I appreciate that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Michael Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

07’ Honda Ridgeline Rts 19 Feb 2019 09:39 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Moisture on the oil fill cap: does it look like Ford Quick Tips: #1 Engine Oil Cap Puddding - YouTube ?

That's a great video, explaining how short trips (especially in the cold) can cause moisture build-up. Of course, on the other thread we've been chatting on, you mentioned a PCV delete.
Surely after watching this, you'll understand why we re-route the vapours rather than simply deleting a necessary system. (Your engine needs that moisture, believe it or not; check the discussion on the EGR delete thread. That water vapour helps the engine burn less fuel)

if you're seeing a LOT of that buttery goop, are you sure your cooling system is working properly? a stuck open thermostat might prevent the engine from achieving proper operating temperatures, burning those vapours off AS WELL as stop the computer from going into closed loop fuel delivery. low coolant level could do that too...or a bubble/air pocket in the system. If you've sure these can't be possible, we have some more digging to do.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee, Josef Duda

07’ Honda Ridgeline Rts 19 Feb 2019 18:59 #3

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
Moisture on the oil fill cap: does it look like >>>> this <<<<? above this word is blue and with my new window 10 I click on it and it did nothing I right click on it and selected open in new link and it worked
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

07’ Honda Ridgeline Rts 20 Feb 2019 10:26 #4

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Thanks Gerald!
We're all still getting used to the new software running the forums. It's certainly faster, but there are still a few peculiarities when it comes to posting links/pics/videos that I'm sure will get sorted as things evolve.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

07’ Honda Ridgeline Rts 09 Mar 2019 19:16 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Thanks for posting that video link, Dr. Dude!B) It well explains the "Oil fill cap Pudding".
About the engine needs some water (vapor). It can be a benefit if in the incoming air, just not in the crankcase. My '85 Subie w/ Plasma Ignition, just Loves the moisture in the air when it rains. There is a noticeable power increase. While this effect is well known, has been for many years--I wonder, if the Plasma mod has particular affinity for water vapor in the air?
Those Plasma Ignition demonstration videos from Aaron Murakami and others (years ago now), showed a
LOUD increase in the sound of the Plasma discharge, when a bit of water was sprayed on the plug.

I still wonder of a practical way to add some water vapor to the incoming air stream. One that does not use man. vacuum to draw it in. Everything I've looked at or tried so far, isn't it...:unsure:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

07’ Honda Ridgeline Rts 09 Mar 2019 22:45 #6

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Regarding the build up of moisturized oil on internal engine surfaces...

Notice how it doesn't seem to affect the oil itself. It's only showing on the surfaces ABOVE the oil line! Here's why, and it's a good thing.

With the enhanced combustion caused by The Groove (or anything else you do) this naturally generates more H2O by oxygenation of the Hydrogen. (For the chemistry plebes, burning is rapid oxygenation) This water vapor then slips past the rings (instead of the fuel-GOOD thing!) causing steam inside the crankcase.

But steam RISES, and so (at these temperatures) bonds with the oil coating internal surfaces.

So, while the appearance of the milky substance IS alarming, since it has no effect on the OIL, it is not something to become alarmed about.

Get it?

Got it?

GOOD!!!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

• Page: