Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello Gadgetman land

Hello Gadgetman land 14 Apr 2019 22:30 #1

• Damon Rockwell
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 6
My name is Damon Rockwell.
I have been a looki-loo on the Groove site and forums for several months now since I was introduced to Ron via a Youtube interview video.
Today I pulled the trigger and ordered up my Personal License kit. Looking forward to learning how to apply the groove tech on my own engines from cars to mowers, generators, and even down to chainsaws. When I get consistently good results I eventually intend to market it as a service in my dual home markets of southern Alaska and central Iowa. I see South Central Alaska with a lot of marine engines where fuel consumption is notoriously high as a huge potential market for the tech. Obviously Autos and other smaller engines are common there as well.
Personal history: Born second of five and raised in the midwest by working class parents. Blessed with a sharp mind and lots of cheerleading supporters, I worked my way through Iowa State U where I earned a BS in mechanical engineering. Worked in corporate machine design getting experience in designing and building printing presses for 5 years and refrigeration/case design for another 10 before going into consulting work. Even bought a business which I eventually was able to sell to my employees. Mostly retired from engineering work now and enjoy renovating and renting houses and apartments.

Still married to my sweetheart I wed 38 years ago and raised two daughters, one of which who now has her own two daughters. Enjoy traveling and the great outdoors and solving interesting challenges. I keep some bees in Iowa for fun and honey.

Because I consider myself fairly well retired from the rat race, I see the groove tech as another potential income stream, but not necessary for meeting my basic needs. I probably won't be out there burning up the pavement, but hopefully I can add something to the knowledge base.

Looking forward to learning and hopefully teaching some as well.

Damon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello Gadgetman land 15 Apr 2019 05:29 #2

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
Welcome to Gadgetman land from south Ga.
geraldc

Last edit: by GeraldC.

Hello Gadgetman land 15 Apr 2019 07:59 #3

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
Awesome! Thankyou for joining us here. Congrats on your personal license and looking forward to great things.
Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)

Hello Gadgetman land 15 Apr 2019 18:07 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Damon, Welcome to the Gadgetman world! With your backround and expertise, I'm sure you will have insights to share. Glad to see ya here, buddy!B)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

• Page: