Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from below

Hello from below—Subaru feedback 31 Jul 2019 11:40 #13

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Barry - there are some key items to note on Tracy's setup of that Subaru as far as I'm concerned, because I've used them myself on my vehicle with similarly remarkable results.
Tracy was able to fine tune his carb (fuel delivery) post-groove. He also made some not insignificant ignition upgrades to burn the groovy air-fuel mix more completely. The friction reduction treatment was also important (Ron's cooking something special up for us that he promises will beat anything commercially available that I'm looking forward to).
That said, if you're like those of us who come here to reduce your fuel usage, once you achieve some gains, it's tough to stop going after more.
Enjoy the ride!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello from below 21 May 2021 22:39 #14

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi again, Barry, have you done the Groove on your rides? We haven't heard from you since just after you joined up. I hope it has gone well for you, did you get ahold of an older Subie yet? I have to say, they are now nearing extinction here. My own '85 had been down for way too long, as other things like Ron's passing and working to preserve his business has had me, distracted.

Hope we hear back from you soon, Mate!:cheer:
Tracy G.
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: