Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ben from Vegas and Utah

Ben from Vegas and Utah 14 Jun 2020 08:32 #1

• Ben Washer
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello all,

I’m an aircraft mechanic and part time tinker of bikes and autos. I’ve been in the military since 2004 and always looked at how mechanical devices can work more efficiently. I read my first patent at 18 on a water carburetor and have been hooked ever since looking for the best and simplest answers to the designed obsolescence around us.
I’ve studied vortical principles since discovering Viktor Schauberger which has lead in many a directions.
I’ve followed the PDX reactor which in its simplest form is a water steam jet propulsor originally designed for watercraft. It is now a food processing steam jet cooker.
I’ve been fascinated with the term up cycling and have some ideas about tq converters that I’ve played with some concepts.

Over the past few years I’ve wanted to build a system that uses waste heat from the exhaust of an ICE. Using the heat to make steam and use it in a combined cycle turbo system.
I’ve many iterations of this but always the simplest is not what I dream up.
I’m currently interested in a non moving part steam impulse to add to the Gadgetman groove and would love to discuss and design with you all.
Cheers,
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ben from Vegas and Utah 14 Jun 2020 10:40 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Welcome Ben!
An Air Force A&P...I'm working on my PPL up here in Canada, so I may have some questions for you as I study for my written prior to my flight test, just so I can make sure I've got things straight in my head.

I'm intrigued by the waste heat and re-use of it for efficiency improvement as well. Getting as much or more power out of a system for less fuel, which lowers emissions, especially the more harmful ones, is of particular interest to me. Maybe you'd like to check out some of the stuff that I've been reading up on here
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: