Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Paul from Washington

Paul from Washington 31 Aug 2020 10:29 #1

• Paul Viacrucis
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 13
Hello everyone, Paul from Port Angeles, WA here. I have 4 vehicles but am mainly concentrating on my 2008 Dodge Ram1500 5.7 Hemi for now. I heard about the Gadgetman Groove on another forum (S10Forum.com). Another vehicle I have is a 2002 GMC Sonoma 4WD 4.3 V6 which will be getting the "groove" treatment sometime down the road.
I've watched about 30 or so of the videos on Youtube and been browsing the forums trying to absorb the knowledge and understand the science of it all.
I think I'll probably have someone do the groove for me on my Dodge and once that is completed and the vehicle is running well and stable, I may look into the license process as it looks like I could be successful at performing the grooving process on other vehicles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Paul from Washington 31 Aug 2020 12:28 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 645
Welcome, Paul! Browse to your heart's content: there's plenty of good info and discussion to be found here in the forum.
One aspect to getting grooved that may solidify your interest is trying a part of the mod process in advance: the PCV re-route. I did that before I grooved mine, and found it has a small but noticeable impact on mileage straight away. Both of your pickups can no doubt benefit from that.
another thing I'd recommend is to go over your trucks with a particularly sharp eye for any maintenance items that may have been overlooked or disregarded. Clean the MAF sensors, check and fix vacuum leaks, lube chassis components that might require them...whatever little things that may prevent the groove from doing it's thing for you. when was the last time they were tuned up? have you replaced the air filters recently, changed the oil in the past few months? what about checking tire pressures? Have you looked to see if there are any stored engine codes in the computer that may need attention/clearing?
when you're ready, we'll be happy to help you move forward on either or both vehicles in whatever way you choose/think is best.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Paul from Washington 31 Aug 2020 14:33 #3

• Paul Viacrucis
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks Greg, I appreciate it. I was thinking of doing the PCV mod before the groove as well. Should I start a new thread about that, or continue here? I have some questions as the PCV system on the Dodge Ram 5.7 hemi's is not a traditional setup.

Paul

Last edit: by Paul Viacrucis.

Paul from Washington 31 Aug 2020 15:05 #4

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 645
It's preferred to have a thread in the appropriate section of the forum for EACH vehicle, Paul.
That way, everyone can benefit from your process - especially newcomers as they do their research prior to grooving - and consider their own process, or troubleshoot, and sometimes even come up with new or bettor solutions.
While I gather it's not a common vehicle, here's my best example of what I mean:
Wendy Megathread
Hope this helps get you aimed in the right direction! (I bet your smaller truck shares some similarities...)

as to the big Dodge, when you're browsing topics, if you click the "recent topics" tab, make sure to select "all" in the pulldown above the result listing. There are times, like recently, that there isn't much "action" and you'll have a better chance of having a relevant vehicle pop up for you to read through and compare your own to. I've never worked on a Dodge Hemi pickup...but I know lots of people have, and they've posted appropriately.
Maybe this thread might give you some ideas:
HERE
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Paul from Washington 01 Sep 2020 07:12 #5

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Hey, Paul! Welcome to Gadgetman Land!

The first thing is when you're looking for info on a certain topic use the "Search" tab at the top of every page here. Just enter PCV into the search box (or anything else you want to look for) and at the bottom, hit the enter button
The results will appear below. ALL posts mentioning the PCV will appear.

And Greg is right. We want all the info to be in the appropriate thread. Now, when it comes to posting on another vehicle or engine, put that under the appropriate heading as well. i.e. your Dodge would go under AUTOMOTIVE-DODGE so others that are just visiting can find the data as well.

You are going to have a WONDERFUL time here, and I am going to enjoy watching your offerings!

Oh, yeah! And remember when you read something that is good, you give them a "Thank you!" and/or add some karma for the really good stuff!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Paul Viacrucis

• Page: