Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from SC

Hello from SC 03 Aug 2022 21:43 #1

• MikeL
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 0
My name is Mike, and with a lot of help from Martin, I can actually post here on the forum.

I tell people there are two kinds of people who work on cars - those who like to, and those who have to. And I am in the second group.

My wife pointed me to this group a few days ago because she knows that I like to dabble in this kind of thing. I like doing this stuff, not so much the replacing time belts and such.

Way back in the late '70's I read an article in Mother Earth News about injecting water into the air intake of a car. The simplest way was to pull a vacuum over a jar of water that had a fish tank air stone on the air inlet. I later put one on a Pinto I had and ran one on a 240 Volvo for years. I'm still kicking around the idea of making a computer controlled pump system the uses RPMs and other parameters to control the pump. My Dad also got into a group in the early '80s that tried to push an alternative carb. It was basically a cylinder with a flat plate and some ports. Modeled after a coffee can.

Anyway, I'm here to learn more about the Groove. First of all, does anybody still sell the kit?. Not sure if they still do it here on this site. I have a 4.8 GMC Savanna (old UHaul truck) that I would like to try it on.

I'll keep looking through the site to learn more and hope this isn't too much of a ghost town.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello from SC 04 Aug 2022 00:25 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Mike, glad you came along!
yes we still have Ron's Personal License Training kits available. We had new Gadgetman bits made, and we also have the rest of the necessary materials.
Mike, give me a call at 775 544-7692 in Reno Nevada. We can get you going into Gadgetman Land!:cheer: :cheer:
thanks!

Tracy G.
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: