Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about those who have helped you the most. If you want to share the love about someone who's not already here, let Ron or Nick know and we'll add a topic in their name!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!!

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 11 Aug 2015 11:08 #1

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I'm not sure if the forum makes people aware when our brethren here have Birthdays - if they've noted it in their profile, that is - but this past Friday was TracyG's.
Please join me in congratulating him and wishing him many many more!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 12 Aug 2015 03:24 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
thank you very kindly, Greg! :) Nice to be remembered here! Just another day at work, I don't make a fuss over my b-day. Hope things are progressing well for you!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 12 Aug 2015 23:20 #3

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Happy Birthday Mr Tracy. Glad you are here.
Welcome to the Gadgetman Forum. You can learn a lot here, from Grooving your vehicle for better performance to building a rocket stove.
We have some knowledgeable people here to help you. :silly:

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 13 Aug 2015 00:57 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
and thanks to you too Karl! Yes we are a knowledgeable bunch, I've refrained from much talk of my seriously addictive outdoor cooking hobby here...I didn't want to go off topic about it. I'm already too fond of doing that... :P I ought to check into forums on that stuff, I can go on about it...

PS any input about the Groove would be good now, it's been quiet here too long...

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: more info

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 13 Aug 2015 15:14 #5

• 4wheelBill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Happy Birthday Tracy

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 13 Aug 2015 23:00 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
and thank you Bill! Jeepers I didn't even tell anyone around me it was my b-day- very cool of everybody here to remember! Anybody got any new Gadgetman Groove comments?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 13 Aug 2015 23:38 #7

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok....you are wanting a comment. Here is one. :unsure:
The double groove TB you did I dont have on because I think the TPS is bad.High idle all the time when in neutral or shifting once the engine warms and all the research on this says it could be a few different things. Thanks to the powers that control us, we have to wade through a ton of comments to see how many things it might be that is causing the problem.We didnt have this on carburetor cars but on these NWO control freak computer chipped cars, we have nothing but guessing games.Well I can only get rid of the high idle when tapping on the TB but when I get back in the truck and drive, the next time into neutral or shifting it high idles again around 2000rpms.Since I changed the IAC(not OEM but autozone)it didnt make a difference. So much reading on this shows it could be the TPS. Well since I have that TB off, I tried to remove the TPS to see if it was sticking like some do and the screws(phillips) are solidly stuck. Sprayed some lube but no go.Old TB works fine so I can only surmise that its one of two sensors and one I tried so only TPS seems to be the culprit.
Any suggestions getting this off beside busting it up and gripping the screws with a pliers?
Us cavemen have to resort to our basic skills to solve some problems :evil:

Last edit: by Karl411.

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 14 Aug 2015 11:22 #8

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Karl, you're still struggling? Man...
From what you describe, yeah, sounds to me like a sticky/malfunctioning IAC. There's more air getting into your engine than there should be somehow. You can backprobe the TPS wires to see what they're sending the computer, but it either thinks or acutally does see a vacuum leak. Have you tried filling in the top groove and/or adjusting the throttle plate, and THEN performing an IAC reset after the ECU re-condition? (Did Tracy feather your throttle plate too?)

this is a tough one to diagnose...and we've been working on helping you from afar for quite a while now. I'm pretty sure you're getting fairly solid advice here. who is your closest gadgetman? You're way out on LonGIsland if memory serves, so that must add to your frustration.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 14 Aug 2015 12:47 #9

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Karl, Let's start another thread Re: your TB w/ double Groove and stuck TPS.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 14 Aug 2015 16:57 #10

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Craig,
Pretty sure I did adjust the screw for the idle seeing I was trying everything out there to stop the idle stick including buying a new IAC.
It was back in January where I decided to see if the old TB would resolve the issue and it did.

"(Did Tracy feather your throttle plate too?)"

I dont think he used any feathers on it :dry: but I would guess that if the groove was not right, the problem would have manifested itself as soon as I put it to use. It was a over a thousand miles before things went south.
He did his Mojo and soon the TB did an uh-oh. Ya think he is playing a joke on me?
You know he is the silly type so maybe he is having a good chuckle on this one. :woohoo:

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 14 Aug 2015 17:14 #11

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
No sir, I can guarantee TracyG is just as frustrated as you are. He wants your truck running with the groove's benefits rather than these troubles.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 14 Aug 2015 23:50 #12

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
(actually I did wave a black raven feather over it, after chanting a long incantation to the Evil Underworld) As an accomplice to the Evil Forces of Darkness, and according to Illuminati standard practice- I must inform you there is a remedy to these troubles.

You must travel to the remotest region of Hunza, in the far north of Pakistan, and bring the afflicted Throttle body. There is a Shaman who has no name, who comes to the market in the un-named village on the appointed day. You must bring a Gift for the Shaman, and a carrot for his yak. No one there will know the Shaman's name, and all will turn away from you if you ask of him. Despite this you must find him. If he likes you and your gift- and if his Yak likes the carrot- he will then ask you to answer his riddle. IF you can answer the riddle correctly he shall then sprinkle his Magic Dust upon the throttle body, and it shall be Healed! But-if you cannot answer his riddle, he will smite you on the head with his stick, his Yak will spit at you, and he will point to the narrow path out of the village, and sternly say "GO!".

And then you must hope he does not Curse you and the Throttle Body as you travel the narrow treacherous path back down through the Himalayas for many miles...

now that's not so hard is it? (sound of evil laughter echoing)...

I'm just here to Help!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: