Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2003 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 01 Dec 2013 00:54 #1

• Enrique Guevara
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Save me from my pride, Lord, My focus on just me; Help me learn to serve, Lord; Show me how to be.
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello There im newbe here so and i saw mostly all the videos of mr Ron but i not understand very well about the PVC valve, i have a 2003 chrysler pt cruiser and i notice 2 ports coming from the valve cover 1 as the PVC, and the other one going to vacumm before the TBI so how can i do on this any help
Enrique Guevara

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ;)
-- Oscar Wilde --

Please Log in to join the conversation.

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 01 Dec 2013 08:16 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
plug the vacuum port going to pcv re route the pcv to the other line with a tee this is passive aka small vacuum this will increase vacuum in intake vaporizing fuel better.

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 01 Dec 2013 14:41 #3

• Enrique Guevara
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Save me from my pride, Lord, My focus on just me; Help me learn to serve, Lord; Show me how to be.
Ok thank you Dan Reading on Forums i found a picture diagram of how re route the pcv hose with a ( T ) Im glad to found Mr Ron videos and posts for people like you a others gadgetmans here, I drive 70 miles one way to my job (140 mls.) Every day, so I try to save money on fuel thank you again and I saving to get the gadgetman license this is tremendousand i want to help others too thaks.
Enrique Guevara

-- Oscar Wilde --

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 01 Dec 2013 19:02 #4

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
Hello Welcome to GadgetmanGrove
attached is reroute of 1997 chev 1500 350 truck PCV lines
PCV valve is in driver side valve cover with line to intake manifold. Right valve cover just has line to inbound air tube
So I capped PCV barb on intake and added line to run from driver side to passenger side line adding a tee to line
Hope this helps -- yours may be close to this
geraldc

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Enrique Guevara

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 02 Dec 2013 03:47 #5

• Enrique Guevara
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Thank you Geraldc very helpful. :)
Enrique Guevara

-- Oscar Wilde --

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 05 Dec 2013 00:59 #6

• Enrique Guevara
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
hello every body :)

here again just want to share whit all of you what I did on my 03 Chrysler pt cruiser following the recomendations :) :) about re-routing PCV-valve here Im ad pictures for my job done thanks to every one who post here and where from here that I try to follow the instructions,,

just I need to go back and reeplace the cool air tube for the original Air box filter :(

and one more patch on the TBI I just do one ( no time) :( :( but on this days I do the other one and post the picture and the improves that I gained ....

well thanks again to every one who share their experiences......

Enrique Guevara

-- Oscar Wilde --

Last edit: by Enrique Guevara. Reason: update

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 05 Dec 2013 01:36 #7

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hey Enrique, Thanks for your posts on this PT Cruiser, and thanks also for your excellent pics!

Your pics really show off your very nice clean work! :cheer:

I thought I'd seen some clean Groove jobs on here, but yours looks like a Machine Shop did it! Are you using one of Ron's carbide bits? Or is it HSS? What size of bit is it?

On your PCV re-route, is the port called Other Port the original breather port in valve cover? Where is the manifold vacuum port that PCV originally hooked up to? Can't see it...? IF you did cap that port and the Other Port is the breather port then you have it right. Your air oil separator is a great idea!

And nice work on the IAC port fill-in and 1/8" drilled hole.

You probably didn't need a business card under throttle blade for Grooving, yours is cable-drive, the card "trick" Ron and others usually recommend just for drive-by-wire TB's So there will likely be a slight delay off-idle till the throttle blade passes over your Groove. But hey maybe you wanted it to do that.

IF this is your first Gadgetman Groove job, well my hat's off for doing research and nice clean work! :cheer:

Now ya got to let us know your results! I'm curious about this one!

Thanks for the nice pics and write-up, Enrique.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Enrique Guevara

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 05 Dec 2013 02:15 #8

• Enrique Guevara
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
soorry for the delay but I was working on the pictures :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Thanks Tracy G

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I just try to do the right way I spent like 2 months first saw videos on you tube for Mr. Ron and read forums and all of post's reply's well then when I feel that i was confident to do I put hands on job and let wait for the results :)
I read on other forums that that's no way to improve MPG or HP on a PT'S so let see how respond this baby have 214778 miles already so just I do the head gasket once since i buy it on 2008, and yes is my first Gadgetman Groove job I start saving for my license so I hope pretty soon :dry:

then I add more pictures to show the connections and the pcv plug it...

oh and my drink bottle ;)

Enrique Guevara

-- Oscar Wilde --

Last edit: by Enrique Guevara. Reason: double picture

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 05 Dec 2013 02:20 #9

• Enrique Guevara
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
oh I forgot the bit's i used the regulars from harbor freight tools the dremel cost me
$8.00 dlls so imagine Itake long time to do and try to make similar to Mr Ron :)
Enrique Guevara

-- Oscar Wilde --

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 05 Dec 2013 02:22 #10

• Enrique Guevara
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
and thank you about my pic's come from my android phone I used the APP "Pic Say Pro"
on Galaxy S3 ;)
Enrique Guevara

-- Oscar Wilde --

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 05 Dec 2013 02:42 #11

• Enrique Guevara
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
the first bit I used looks like these :dry: :dry: I have to ask Mr Ron where can I buy the one he used or if he can sell me one :) and for the size I dont know just I saw the video where Mr Ron doing on one TBI I swear I repeat the video like 20 times so then I figure out and calculate the groove so that's how I do my job not bad for a beginner :unsure: :) :)

Enrique Guevara

-- Oscar Wilde --

This message has an attachment image.

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 05 Dec 2013 18:08 #12

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Enrique, hey it's cool to post w/ yer real name here.

OK that's what I thought I saw, you don't yet have Gadgetman bits. You DID do a very clean job w/ tapered stone bit. I would ask you to post as true a report of results as you can, cause your excellent handiwork cut a flat groove without the true Gadgetman Groove shape.

I dig the way you fashioned your oil separator bottle. Only point I'd make is to think about if the scrubber pads cause restriction to airflow. I think your creation should be effective to remove oil from the vented crankcase gas. You might want to keep your eyes open for more of those bottles (thrift stores) I think they have gone out of style, grab some for future jobs.

Thanks again for the pics--your PCV cap/re-route is Exactly Right, and should give an improvement all on its own. I hope other Gadgetmen will study how you went about this whole job. ;)

you NEED to get your Personal Liscence soon as possible so you can have the correct bits, my freind! You paid close attention to detail and did your homework. You will be an Excellent Gadgetman!

So Enrique, please do share your results, keep coming back! :cheer:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: