Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: Stubborn 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L

Re: Stubborn 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L 10 Feb 2013 09:06 #25

• Mario V
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Mike (and Ron)

Thanks for the info. Now I know why the EFIEs never worked.
As for the DS O2 sensor, it was replaced by my trusted mechanic. Should be ok since the car has been purring along ever since…

The resistors sound like an easy thing to try (when the snow melts…).

My main concern is about the MAPster. It looks like something to look into, but it seems to help mainly grooved cars with erratic results. I wander what it can actually do with the rare cars (like mine) that the groove had NO effect?

Mario.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Stubborn 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L 11 Feb 2013 09:28 #26

• mpgmike
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The '05 Accord has treated me well in the past with other mods. Like many vehicles, they won't give up fuel economy without shifting the targets around in the internal tables. This is one of the functions of the MAPster. There is one '05 Accord 2.4 liter that has been averaging over 70 MPG for the past 4+ years with an HHO system and several other mods. With that car, the ECU was addressed.

Mike

Re: Stubborn 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L 12 Feb 2013 06:39 #27

• Mario V
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Mike. Sounds encouraging.

Ron,

By now you can probably understand that, with all my failed attempts, I'm still on the fence for the MAPster.
Even if it sounds promising, I wander if it'll do me any good.
Any comments?

Mario.

Re: Stubborn 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L 12 Feb 2013 11:38 #28

• mpgmike
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mario V wrote: Thanks Mike. Sounds encouraging.

Ron,

By now you can probably understand that, with all my failed attempts, I'm still on the fence for the MAPster.
Even if it sounds promising, I wander if it'll do me any good.
Any comments?

Mario.

No. Until there are well over a dozen success stories posted, the MAPster should be considered experimental. Not because the concept hasn't worked in the past, but because your car hasn't been listed under the successes. If you are apprehensive, don't do it. Do what feels right to you. Maybe it's the right thing but at the wrong time. Maybe in a month from now when the stories are piling up you will feel better about the decision. I support you in whatever you decide.

Mike

Stubborn 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L 12 Feb 2013 12:56 #29

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I second that, Mike. It is DEFINITELY experimental, just as The Groove is experimental. While we have evidence of amazing things happening, that does not equate to proof. Proof is an individual evaluation.

As to your failure, Mario, how many grooves have you done? How many engines and what were they?

I believe we will find the answer there. It takes practice to make The Groove correctly, and some vehicles (sad to say) just don't want to budge. While we're reducing that number every day, and correcting that in many instances, I suppose there will always be one or two in the mix that won't let us work with them.

My recommendation is to find something in the Ford Truck series from 1998-2003 and groove THAT one.

You will see The Groove works. You must do more than one engine, though! I recommend you do 6 before making a determination of its value to you, or your ability to do it.

Ron

Stubborn 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L 12 Feb 2013 18:12 #30

• Mario V
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ron,

Slight misunderstanding…
I'm not a Gadgetman, just one of your customers.
I don’t groove other cars. Just trying to make my stubborn Accord work…

Mario.

Stubborn 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L 12 Feb 2013 19:33 #31

• Aaron Knorr
  • Personal License Holder
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Mario

You are not alone in this, I also have grooved a 2006 Honda Accord 2.4L and doesn't seem to be improving the fuel mileage I will be attacking this car soon to see what I can do, the customer also wants to have better results. On his very first trip with the groove he got around the 6 l/100km with it and hasn't been able to since, he knows this car has the abilty to get better mileage. The car that is doing 70 Mpg I sure wonder what was done to make it WORK, I live in Ontario and I also grooved a throttle body for Julius and I found out he didn't have any results either and have not heard from him if he did. If I get this Honda going for me I will definetly let you know.

Aaron
Aaron Knorr
Gadgetman Ontario

Stubborn 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L 12 Feb 2013 21:58 #32

• Mario V
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Aaron,

If you can get anything out of that 2006 Accord, I'd be very interested to know about it.

Mario.